Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Crosman 1077W
Crosman 1077W 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Hello there.

I'm saving money for a Crosman 1077W (The wooden one).

I'll show it when I get it, until then, this is the package:

I will probably order some extra mags, and a mag-belt, for the cool looks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Gunrunner
I have never shot a 1077 but I have held one with the wooden stock and it was sweet .. nice weight and just felt good .. one day I might get one ..
good luck with it when you get it and keep us posted as to how it shoots ..

Gunrunner Cool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:33 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Hi broommaster2000

I also own the Crosman 1077W (Walnut), I thought I'd tell you about the rifle in greater detail than what they tell you @ Crosman.com, As I had very little information on the rifle when I bought it about two months ago.

Well the first thing you notice about the 1077W is the beautiful walnut stock, It looks even better in daylight as the fibres in the wood shine in the light, another thing about the wooden stock is that the shape differs from the synthetic stock as the nook between where the scope is and the butt of the rifle is more smoother on the wooden one as the nook on the synthetic is deeper and less smooth making it look more like a shotgun instead of a rifle.
The next thing you'll notice about the stock is that the finnish on the walnut makes it look almost look fake, but trust me, its real as i've seen inside and its 100% solid walnut.

The reason for why the rifle is so light is because crosman have used a very strong type of plastic on the parts of the rifle that don't need to be made of metal, I would say that 15% of the rifle is made from this strong plastic, these parts include the trigger, the trigger guard, magazine and rotary clip, the front sight, and the main mechanism housing (not the interior though), the rest is made of metal or alloys. very good construction.

Now that we've coverd the looks of the rifle its time to look at the handling of it.

Fist off is the trigger, The trigger pull is quite hard out of the box as it can give you an achy trigger finger for the fist few times you use it, but your finger quickley gets stronger and the trigger will get more smoother after use.

Next is how loud the rifle actully is, The rifle is surprisingly loud if you've never fired a CO2 rifle before, best to use a silencer if you live in the UK, as they're perfectly legal in England (Not legal in the US though, dont know why).

Now is the accuracy of the rifle, The rifles acurracy can differ depending on the time of year as CO2 is very sensitive to temperature (Warmer wheather is much better for CO2) The rifle is very accurate at 10m to 20m at 5*c to 10*c, I usually shoot at a 25m to 30m range and still hit a bean tin almost every time in the cold wheather.

Power now, The power of the rifle is great for target shooting, it will easily go's through a tin can at 25m and good for a bit of close range, small game hunting, lets say about rat size but no bigger than squirrel size though, as a slow painful death is a horrible death to witness.

Velocity (how fast the rifle propels the pellet), The velocity of the rifle is very high for a CO2 rifle at 625fps according to crosman, but this can differ depending on the weight of the pellets you use. Good for slow moving targets though.

Lastly is the caliber of the rifle (Size of the pellets that the rifle shoots), The rifle is a .177 hence the name 1077 (just ignor the 0 in it), the 177 is a very good caliber for longer range target practise as the weight of the pellet is lighter that means that the pellet can go further and faster than a .22cal, But not as much impact damage as a .22cal, so best to use wadcutters (flat tips) or hollow tips if you want to go small game hunting.

Steve Very Happy
PS: I will post the pics of my Crosman 1077W tomorrow! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:46 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Part of the 1077's trigger problem is it's heavy pull because of a very tight trigger spring, and the fact the gun is a dual-action, where the trigger must rotate the magazine to shoot, and cock/release the hammer. Stock the 1077 takes about 9lbs to pull the trigger- using a lighter spring can get this closer to 6lbs. Also note: trying to modify the magazine/clip holder assembly does very little- to get it so that it reduces trigger pull effort in a significant way- the spring to do this is then a bit on the weak side to rotate the magazine properly.

Beyond that- it's a nice gun, especially for plinking (12 shots ready to go and all). One thing to watch out for is a barrel with a bad barrel crown- Crosman has had a alot of isses with this- and based on what I've seen and heard lately- seems like almost 50% of 1077's coming out of the box have poor crowns- lowering accuracy and consistency. So, if you're planning on improving anything on it- think of re-doing the crown first.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
I'm looking forward to getting me one, it's gonne be just before my twentieth birthday, as I just wanted to start somethin different. It's gonan be costly though.

I'm also planning on the QB78 later this year. I figured that it would be cool to have a collection of plinkers.

The biggest problem is kids, but some friends of mine live at some old farms so that's no problem there.

Besides, holding one of these gives a bit of a good feeling already, let alone owning them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:20 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Hi

Here are the pics of My Crosman 1077 setup, Ther're 8.1 megapixels EyesWideOpen so feel free to see the full size images .

Took these a few days ago.

I used the green background for maximum contrast on the rifle.

Sorry about the chair, Its the only thing I could find to stand it on.

The Scope is a simmons 4x32 8 point, Very nice to use on this rifle, Looks good as well.

Here's the magazine and the rotary clip, Made of strong plastic to save weight.

This is the rotary clip, It holds 12 .177 pellets. Notice the lines on the inside of where the pellets go, These lines stop the pellets from falling out.

This is where the magazine goes into the rifle. The 12 shot clip slots in just in front the breech of the barrel.

Hope these pic are informative to anyone who is thinking of buying the Crosman 1077.

Stevie Laughing

Last edited by StevieLaner7777 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Hi

I fogot to mention that there is also an entire forum dedicated to the Crosman 1077, Just type "Crosman 1077" into google.com and it should be the second one down, It's called Crosman 1077 owners site.

Just incase you did'nt already know Wink

Stevie Thumb Up!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:10 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
I know, but the forum isn't what you call workable. I already joint a site in my native speech. In Holland, these guns are 18+ but most of the guys on that forum seem a bit older. I don't mind though, they usually know what they are talking about.

That thing turns me on...

By the way, I thought that I'd use the 1077 scopeless, when I get my QB78. I think a "semi-automatic" sniper is a bit to modern :P but for the love of it, I'll just use it with the 1077 first.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles