Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery » planning on changing breeches on crosmans
planning on changing breeches on crosmans 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin

Here's my 2240 (older photo so not alone) planning to change the breech along with the breeches on my 1377 and 1322.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
You'll be a lot happier with the accuracy when you do. THe plastic ones have too much side to side slop in them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
I've always loved the Crosman guns (of course I love airguns in general). I've been meaning to do this for years (everything went on hold for a while). When they re-released the 1322 it sort of reignited the plan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Mark5043
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
thepaladin wrote:
.... When they re-released the 1322 it sort of reignited the plan.

The steel breeches are real nice.A must have if you want to use any quality optics...especially a scope.You could get away with using Crosman's intermounts on the barrel,but they don't really work all that well.

Glad to see the 1322 back again!I'm just wondering why Crosman ever discontinued that gun in the first place.I'm getting one soon,and installing a flat top valve,and adjustable piston for openers.I'm thinking carbine on this project... Cool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
[url=http://postimage.org/image/unbthhg2b/][img]http://s13.postimage.org/unbthhg2b/misc_1.jpg[/img][/url]

This is an older picture. I have used the intermounts and had a lot of success with them, but yeah I want to switch to the steel breeches.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Oops didn't print
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote
GeepII
You'll really enjoy the steel breech I couldn't believe the difference in the plastic crap they put on there and the new steel one I just put on my new 1322. Like the other gentleman said way too much slop in them plastic things. I am thinking about buying another new 1322 their such a nice hand gun I had one when I was a kid it was a 1377 and always wanted the 22 model but then they quit making them until here recently and I got one from Pyramid. Good luck my friend you'll love the new breech.
GeepII

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Did you have any trouble taking the screw from inside the chamber? That's my only concern, I don't want to strip it out in there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote
GeepII
Are you talking about that little tiny screw in the opening that you see when sliding the bolt back? If that is the one then no not a bit of trouble as a matter of fact the new steel breech came with all the allen wrenches needed to do the job. The only thing you have to watch for is when you place the new breech back on make sure the little cup I call it that sets under it for the air to shoot up through into the barrel make sure when you take the old one off you put that little cup back on the same way it come out. I am thinking about buying that new bolt someone has out that the little point on it nose that pushes the pellet up into the barrel when your loading well the new one out is a little longer. The guy making them claims it sets the pellet in a little farther giving the chamber more room to release the air into when you pull the trigger. He said that the way that particular gun is set up from the factory that when you pull the trigger the air shoots up behind the pellet and hits the back of the pellet a little bit, and his longer bolt stops this from happening and lets the full amount of air to push the pellet out faster.
GeepII

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
Press down HARD on the breech and use a NEW 0.050" allen key.... There is a rubber seal on the transfer port and pressing down relieves some of the pressure on the screw in the loading port making it easier to take out....

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Thanks.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery