Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Crosman 2260 PCP mod
Crosman 2260 PCP mod 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:20 am Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Hi I was just wondering if any of you guys out there know any thing about modding the Crosman 2260 into a PCP rifle, I know the mod can be done with a QB78, but I was thinking of getting a 2260 as i prefer the stock and the brass bolt on it. I want to mod it into a PCP but still keep it within the 12ft lb limit of the UK, If it can be done.

Any knowledge, ideas, or responces from leadman would be greatly appreciated.

StevieLaner7777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:26 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hello Steve:

Turns out leadman and 5-in-1 are apparently not the same guy (?) or so I've now been led to believe.

In any event- if you want to put your 2260 to PCP you need something similar to this Cooper-T Co2 'Bulking' setup (middle-lower part of page)- which may be an easier route to go than air.

http://www.cooper-t.com/airguns.html

That being said, to go PCP you need to have a tank/tube on the gun that is capable of holding 1000-1500psi of air (1500psi is about the limit for most guns before seals start ripping inside) depending on what pressure you plan to use for power. This tube or canister setup has to connect to the gun's valve tube- so fitting it directly over the existing pin/rod assembly used for Co2 input may be the easiest. Then of course, you either need a hand-pump setup, or a scuba tank to fill it.

I will post more detail later- but I have to run...

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
Crosman 2260 PCP Mod 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Hi AirGunEric

I've definitely decided to go PCP and get a tank/tube that will fit below the barrel (Best make a smart job of it) just like Gunrunner has done in the For Sale section on his QB78 (I would have made a link straight to it, but dont know how yet), He is also selling the 26" tanks/tubes off, machine threaded, His pic looks just like how I want it to be like on the 2260. Very Happy

Thanks for all of the knowledge and information that you have provided so far, as it has been of amense help to me.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Stevie7777
converting 2240 into HPA. 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:31 am Reply with quote
Gunrunner
Im looking into that as we speak.. as far as it goes I believe the tubes I use for the QB -78 would also fit the 2240 the valve is just a few hundreds smaller , the only thing is I have to buy a 2240 and test fit it , which I will do since I just happen to have a 14 in. tube , have to get it machined for the crosman and thats pretty well it ..
Let you know soon as I can ..

Gunrunner Cool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:49 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sorry I haven't been able to keep on top of this Steve- not much time lately.

Here is a tube adapter that may work (about 1/3 of the way down the page)- it's the extension tube adapter for the 2240,50,60- but it's labelled as being used for Co2- not sure if it would strong enough to handle 12-1500psi of air:

http://www.bryanandac.com/new_page_5.htm

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
Extended tube for a QB-78 .. psi 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Gunrunner
Hi, yes I got one of those and have filled it to 1500 psi,, without a problem .. but as I was told the extended a tube seems to made out of better material, and seems to be heat treated also, the regular tube on the QB.. is the one that might give you trouble .. ..I have filled both up to 1500 psi .. but then with that amount of pressure your not going to get many shots...

Gunrunner Cool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Hi AirGunEric and Gunrunner

When I do get around to buying and modding the 2260, I will replace the whole tube that the CO2 caplets go in to, with a HPA tube like Gunrunner has done with his QB78.

Don't worry about where to get the right size HPA tubes from as my dad will know where to get the tubes and the end fittings that will take that sort of pressure, as he works in that sort of industry.

Stevie
PS, Question for Gunrunner:
How many shots do you get out of your PCP Modded QB78 on average? (dont have to be completly precise)
Shot count .... 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:20 am Reply with quote
Gunrunner
At 930 fps I get around 24 shots, of course the more power you want the count drops off, with an ajustable hammer its nice you can go from the mid 800's right up to over 1000, best of both worlds ..

Gunrunner Cool
Crosman 2260 PCP mod 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles