Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Springs?
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Springs? 
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 927
I've done alot of reading. Mainly projects that bob and joe have been doing, but other's as well, such as packrats and so on. I'm anxious to do some work on both my kt and my discovery. And part of that is swapping some springs out.

I've got all the numbers as to what size and all from bob's fantasic thread on his 2260. I've tried searching online for spring manufactures. Unless I'm doing something wrong, or just not asking the right questions, seems most companies want LARGE orders. Typically 100 or more. One company said their minium order was 1000 pieces!

My next option was Granger. I've got two of thier outlets within 20 minutes of my house, but neither one is willing to talk to me unless I pay for items with either a company check or a credit card and a copy of a business license.

Suggestions? Links?

Thanks,

Jax

_________________
.22 2300kt Crosman Custom
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
hi..

I can't count how meany posts of this sort I have read
concerning diffrent types of products....

I tell yer you guys have some of the most half witted
companys on this planet to deal with it would seem... Rolling Eyes

over here go to the engineering surply outlet..
or hardwheare store...
go to the spring rack...pic the one yer want...
toss it on the counter with yer plastic.....done

_________________
Career Infinity PCP .22
Webley Patriot .25
Hatsan mod 75 .22
Hatsan mod 99 .177 (Quattro & SAS)
Kral underlever .177


.............................................


.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 927
Kanyon,

While on one hand the big box home improvent store concept is nice. They've pretty much put the neighborhood mom n pop hardware store out of buisness. Those stores were fantastic, they had EVERY lil doo da and whatchyajagiggit someone wanting to tinker could ever want.

Sadly, sometimes progress isn't as wonderful as it may seem!

_________________
.22 2300kt Crosman Custom
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2998
Location: Coalmont, BC
In Canada....

http://www.trakar.com/

They will sell individual springs and are the source for the heavy (0.040" wire x 1.75" long) Disco hammer spring I use.... problem is their shipping costs are rediculous....

If you go to the Canadian Airgun Forum and PM DerekVinyard I believe he is stocking those springs for resale....

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal: Too many to count!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:20 am Reply with quote
Jaxom
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 927
My longer term plans are to eventually have 3 Discovery's. The current disocovery in .22 will be med powered, with boss valve, heavier spring, power adjuster, some port work done.

I'm only planning on this becuase my local Dicks Sporting goods occationally has them on sale at $189.99 w/pump!

The second disco, will be .177, even milder mods, beefier hammer spring, stock valve, mild porting done.

Finnally, the third disco....IF I can find all the parts, a tack driving, hard hitting disco in .25 cal. Full blown mods on valve, best port work, walther-luther barrel, synth stock, the works! This WILL be a air hog!

So it's not like I'll be ordering just one spring, I'm looking at a half dozen or so, perhaps even heavier springs for experimenting with as well. And just for yucks adding a few extra of each incase butter fingers here drops one and can't find it, don't want have to re-order.

_________________
.22 2300kt Crosman Custom
View user's profile Send private message
Springs? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.