Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » npss vs falcon
npss vs falcon 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:02 pm Reply with quote
tjiscooler
Hey guys! Im loooking to buy my first .22 air rifle and need a bit of help. Im stuck between the Remington NPSS and the walther Falcon hunter with the nitrospring installed. Im looking mainly for hunting but also a bit of target as well, so ranged accuracy is as important as pure power. What do you guys think??

Thanks -TJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:17 pm Reply with quote
donec
List what you like about each rifle and what is important to you for each. Then others here can inform you about those things which should help you make the decision.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:45 pm Reply with quote
tjiscooler
Good idea!

NPSS :very quiet, decent power, good scope included, not too heavy or large, its been described as "smooth shooting", made in America!

Falcon:its just like the other with more power haha

Mostly im concerned with the reliability and accuracy. I guess trigger isnt a big deal due to the replacements available.

Ive watched the reviews on several sites and they both get good ratings. Would the increased power of the falcon really make much a difference when hunting? I dont have a whole lot of experience (just a bit with .177) hunting so excuse my newbness.

Thank you very much!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
I wouldn't go for either of those, to be honest. I have been shooting with the NPSS-es and though they all look nice, I've found that after a while the hinge starts to deteriorate quicker then on a (and excuse me for saying) quality airgun.

The Walther Falcon is a Hatsan 125 if I am correct. Hatsan is all about power, and build quality is pretty good. They will probably do way over 800 fps in .22. For the first 10 shots perhaps. After that the spring starts to wear. Neutral I wouldn't buy one.

Walther Falcon

Hatsan 125

Last edited by broommaster2000 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:48 am Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
[quote="tjiscooler"]Good idea!

NPSS :very quiet, decent power, good scope included, not too heavy or large, its been described as "smooth shooting", made in America!

Falcon:its just like the other with more power haha

Mostly im concerned with the reliability and accuracy. I guess trigger isnt a big deal due to the replacements available.

Ive watched the reviews on several sites and they both get good ratings. Would the increased power of the falcon really make much a difference when hunting? I dont have a whole lot of experience (just a bit with .177) hunting so excuse my newbness

[Quote

The walther is a Hatsan...there not a lot wrong with them for the prise..
if it has a gold trigger it got the new trigger unit that has a 3 way adjustment..they will easly pop critters rabbit possum size out to 30m

If yer want a target gun don't buy a Hatsan but for hunting they are great.
people have trouble separating the two diffrent requirements..they are strong & stand up to a bit of abuce and cheap enough that a few scraps & scratchs don't really matter....beleave me..my guns get a hard life in the hills and my hatty mod 75 still shoots like the day I got it,,,,
npss vs falcon 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics