Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Accessories » Charlies new CBR trigger Goto page Previous  1, 2
It's not how fast a product arrives on the market 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Big_Bill
AirGunEric wrote:
All his products were designed/made by Steve Woodward first- they were business partners years ago. Now that they haven't been for quite some time, it appears CDT is just outright copying anything new Steve comes up with. If they came out with products simultaneously, there would be some debate about 'copying' perhaps, but when CDT comes out with the same product as Woodward- but months later, I don't think there's any more room for debate.

It's how good that the product is !

Many people rush to get there product on the market, and do not work out all the bugs in it, for instance WINDOWS and all of its copies ! All good in ways, but all have problems !

I know Bob, and he is a perfectionist, and when and if he places his name and reputation on a product, you can bet he has worked out every bug that he can to make a great product !!!!!

Just because he has taken his time to make a really good product, he shouldn't be penalised, he should be praised for giving the air gun community the BEST Products available any where !

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:14 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Big_Bill wrote:
It's how good that the product is !

Many people rush to get there product on the market, and do not work out all the bugs in it, for instance WINDOWS and all of its copies ! All good in ways, but all have problems !

I know Bob, and he is a perfectionist, and when and if he places his name and reputation on a product, you can bet he has worked out every bug that he can to make a great product !!!!!

Just because he has taken his time to make a really good product, he shouldn't be penalised, he should be praised for giving the air gun community the BEST Products available any where !

Bill

That would hold true, if his products were "better". Seems they are generally duplicates of Woodward's items.

Bob Werner might be a real nice guy- I really don't know. But the fact is, he really doesn't appear to design anything. Maybe (and this is a big "maybe"- I've never seen any evidence of such) he improves on another product- but I personally have seen no evidence of this. The only, only difference between his products and those designed by Woodward are that his Gamo trigger has ribs on the trigger blade- which is a cosmetic change more than anything else.

Show me these wonderful "improvements" or genuine better features on his products and there's an argument- but just saying something is true doesn't make it so. All I've seen are copies of someone's else's products offered at a few bucks less. "Nice guy" or not, it isn't right.

Show me how Werner's "CBR" trigger is better than the Woodward unit- which, as it took at least 6 months longer to come to market, it obviously should be as he had this extra amount of time to work on it. If they are the same- then I think this entire line of thought can be quickly dismissed.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
Re: It's not how fast a product arrives on the market 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Big_Bill
Quote:

That would hold true, if his products were "better". Seems they are generally duplicates of Woodward's items.

Bob Werner might be a real nice guy- I really don't know. But the fact is, he really doesn't appear to design anything. Maybe (and this is a big "maybe"- I've never seen any evidence of such) he improves on another product- but I personally have seen no evidence of this. The only, only difference between his products and those designed by Woodward are that his Gamo trigger has ribs on the trigger blade- which is a cosmetic change more than anything else.

Show me these wonderful "improvements" or genuine better features on his products and there's an argument- but just saying something is true doesn't make it so. All I've seen are copies of someone's else's products offered at a few bucks less. "Nice guy" or not, it isn't right.

Show me how Werner's "CBR" trigger is better than the Woodward unit- which, as it took at least 6 months longer to come to market, it obviously should be as he had this extra amount of time to work on it. If they are the same- then I think this entire line of thought can be quickly dismissed.

If you look at Steve's trigger, he sure didn't invent the NCT trigger, all he did was modify the factory trigger by drilling a hole and putting a roll pin in it. That's it for $53.00 shipped.
CDT modified the factory trigger but used a drill rod dowel instead of a roll pin that is press fitted instead of an expanding roll pin and in addition, took it a couple of steps further than Steve did.
If you havent compared the three triggers together, or tried them installed in the same air rifle, how can you legitimately take sides in this discussion ?

And when Steve sells you a trigger, there is NO REFUND !!!!!
When CDT sells you a trigger, he will do everything in his power to make you a satisfied customer, even return your money, if for some reason you are still not satisfied.

Try Steve's and CDT's triggers in the same air gun, test and record the results. See for yourself which is the better product ! Don't just tell me your a Ford man because a friend of yours had a Rambler, and didn't like it.

Try the CDT trigger, you'll love it !

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Big_Bill wrote:
And when Steve sells you a trigger, there is NO REFUND !!!!!

Just as a point of mentioning it, Steve Woodward tries not to sell direct, but will if pressed- he sells through Airguns of Arizona and such. If they will not issue refunds I can't say.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:33 am Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
My CBR turned up the other day...Can't falt it..
fell in almost with out any help....

Its a tad heaver than the GRT triggers...But
2/3 lighter than the Genesis unit..
prise wise...trigger...$42NZ.."Charlie didn't charge me shiping"
against $79NZ for the one AOA sells..trigger & shiping...

Its a nice trigger...

Pete

PS....Dam Bill yer a long way from home.... Laughing
Charlies new CBR trigger 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Accessories