Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Umarex 850 paintball ASA - Wevo HPA tank conversion
Umarex 850 paintball ASA - Wevo HPA tank conversion 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Dmitry
Hi guys, bear with me as I am still getting used to this format. Here is a pic of my initial effort. Now what I need to come up with is abetter adapter. If there is interest I will do a batch, but It'll take me another 6 months or so to finish setting up the shop. Shoot me an e-mail if you are interested that far in advance. Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Interesting!

Now, just so I have a 'handle' on what's what in this setup: That reservoir or extension that is located in the area where the stock covered the AirSource bottle previously- is it a Co² reservoir, or simply an extension tube to which attaches a small Co² tank or a hose?

If it's a reservoir- how much Co² does it hold, or how many reasonably full-power shots can be gotten out of it ("full power" being 10-12fpe)?

For someone not wanting to outright cut off the foreend of the stock- could that tube be installed with no, or only minimal modifications to the stock?

How about weight- how much gets added by the adapter and how is the balance of the gun once installed?

And lastly- any idea of actual price if people are interested in acquiring one?

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:31 am Reply with quote
Dmitry
That's just a 12 gm cartige holder to test the adapter. I still plan on removing the front of the stock to get a 9 oz bottle or one of wevo's HPA tanks on. The trick here is to make an adapter and wrench to conceal the adapter insde the stock so only the bottle protrudes. The point of the whole thing for me is to make a true dual source repeater that can use either CO2 or regulated HPA so I don't have to pump in the summer, but still use it in the winter.
Umarex 850 paintball ASA - Wevo HPA tank conversion 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles