Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic » If yuo can raed tihs!
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
If yuo can raed tihs! 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1060
Location: Herefordshire, UK
"if yuo can raed tihs, you hvae a sgtrane mnid, too.
Can you raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.


If you can read this, your brain is 50% faster than those who can't."

- Cambridge Uni, Whatever next!

Are you weird like me? Can you guys read this???

Stevie Thumb Up!

_________________
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS 22nd Regiment Hereford.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:18 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Has anyone met someone who can't read that sort of thing? I've seen this sort of post before- but have yet to hear of someone who cannot read it.

Don't get me wrong- I'm sure there are people who can't read it terribly well- but it likely has little to do with the "speed" of their brain.

Does anyone know of a link to show that something like this is an actual study with empirical data to support a conclusion?

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:12 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
It takes a bit longer because I have to go trough the process of translating. But I've heard that this was proven more then once.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:45 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
My issue with it is the idea that only 55 out of 100 people can read it. That number seems far too low. I'm thinking it's more like 95 people out of a hundred that can read it, and the remaining 5 people can't likely because of something like Dyslexia where they already have problems reading things that are completely normal.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Yeah, I got my doubts on the 50% too.

Make a poll? Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1060
Location: Herefordshire, UK
Hi all

I have been looking for the actual research on it, but as I don't know what this is called it makes it very difficult to find. Shrug

Here is the link to Cambridge Uni where this research was performed:
http://www.cam.ac.uk/
Though I can't seem to see anything about it yet.

As for me, Yes I can read this pretty well though I do get hung up on some of the words where they have broken their own rule of keeping the first and last letter of the word in the same place, other than that all else is smooth.

Broom - I think it may be to late to add a poll now, I think after so many people have viewed/posted, A poll cannot be added to the original post (Correct me if I'm wrong).


Stevie Thumb Up!

_________________
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS 22nd Regiment Hereford.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:27 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
You can add a poll anytime in the course of a thread- the original poster (or a Moderator) needs to "Edit" the original, first post to implement it!

If you would like a poll- feel free to try and verify that it works as it should. Wink

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
If yuo can raed tihs! 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.