Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » still trying to find a fairly good rifle
still trying to find a fairly good rifle 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:59 pm Reply with quote
bigboi
I gave up on the gamo it was to inaccurate i got a beem 1100 it has good power and is pretty accurate but the optics and trigger sucks. the trigger is so hard to pull i have to check to be sure the safety is off

i've heard so much about the r series trigger are that interchangeable with my moddle and if so were can i buy one

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Hi bigboi

bigbio wrote:
but the optics and trigger sucks. the trigger is so hard to pull i have to check to be sure the safety is off

If the optics "suck" best go for a scope.

And NO!! a trigger shouldn't be that hard to pull, Maybe a bit of resistance in is for safety purposes but no more than that, Are you sure there isn't something wrong with the Rifles trigger mechanism??

If this continues, Best get the 'R series trigger' like you said.

Stevie Thumb Up!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
The Beeman 1100 is a nice looking gun (cosmetically speaking)- it is better known as the SS1000 (Supersport Series) but the version sold in the "Big Box" stores is often labelled an "1100". I assume you have the .177 version with the nickel-plated barrel? This gun is also a "Made in China" unit- earlier versions were Made in Spain and had a better trigger setup.

90% of people who buy this gun complain about the hefty trigger pull (nearly 10lbs). Because of this, while the gun may be fairly accurate- the harsh trigger pull tends to cause people to pull the gun off target when they fire- ending up with the old offside and lower point of impact of the pellet (a POA to POI shift). People have apparently tried to tune the stock trigger by polishing it and fiddling with the spring setup with little success. The only constant "improvement" people seem to report in respect to the trigger is that using the gun, again and again, will break it in a bit and ease trigger pull over time. This extended "break in" cycle is typical of most Chinese-made airguns- so what can you do(?).

I don't know if an R1 trigger mod will work on the 1100/SS1000T- I have some 'feelers' out there right now to see if anyone else can assist on this, hopefully, someone can provide a good answer!

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:53 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well- I'm getting nowhere finding good info on modding/swapping the trigger on the Chinese SS1000 (the Spain-made version is easier to get info on- but they have different triggers).

So much so- a post of mine inquiring about this on another forum that generally takes a real nose-down view of most Chinese-made airguns got deleted- poof! Gone! Probably because I associated the coveted "Beeman" name with a Chinese-made product (the fact it's true is apparently irrelevant).

If I come across anything I will post it ASAP.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quote
bigboi
thax for look for that info for me. I just took it back and got a remington summit 1000.

It's made by crossman the tigger pull is a whole lot better it is two stage adjustable for as power I don't think it near a 1000 fps maybe a spring upgrade in the future.

far as accurate I'll be siteing it in today

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:06 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
The Remington Summit appear to be almost the same gun as the Crosman G1 Extreme- except in wood. From what I can see of the Remington- it is a G1 Extreme, which is also a re-packaged Quest with a brake installed on the muzzle. (All of the Remington products are repackaged Crosman models with cosmetic variations).

This is actually reasonably good news- it will shoot at around 850-900fps out of the box and with a spring swap will do over 900 using 7.9gr pellets. It does have some mod potential, and if you don't like the trigger- there are a few people making trigger variations (this is the Gamo-style trigger) that can improve it significantly.

One thing to note though- put a couple hundred pellets through it to break it in before deciding if you like it or not!

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:45 am Reply with quote
johncedarhill
I bought the ss1000 also in .22 and I can hardly squeeze the trigger. If anyone has a solution I would like to know as well. The problem is that the gun is advertised as having a two stage adjustable trigger so I thought no problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:11 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
johncedarhill wrote:
I bought the ss1000 also in .22 and I can hardly squeeze the trigger. If anyone has a solution I would like to know as well. The problem is that the gun is advertised as having a two stage adjustable trigger so I thought no problem.

Isn't that the joke, huh? The 'adjustable trigger' that is. I bet half the guns that claim to have adjustable triggers are essentially BS- the screws to do the adjustment are either so tight that attempting to turn them will strip them out, or they do nothing significant in respect to actual pull pressure!

I complained about my missing post on another forum where there likely would have been at least a few people with experience with the SS series guns, and the second version of it got left alone- but still with no response.

The only thing I might suggest is that an ambitious person take a look at the trigger and see if there is some potential to lighten the spring loading the trigger, and sanding and polishing all the areas where parts will rub together to smooth things out a bit.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:27 am Reply with quote
johncedarhill
Yea-- I just got it out to give it a look. I thought I might do a little target practice with it. All the adds are so enticing. When I bought it I thought gee a beeman well i remember that name so I got one. Surprise surprise!!! Since then about two months I have learned a lot and now I feel I know more than the vast majority of sales people in the stores. I have two more airguns since then. This project started out as pest control--muskrats --water rats and damaging critters at a distance of 40 yds in the lake. Well I will keep on trying. I only wish I had found some of the sites before I bought it.
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:51 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well- look at it this way- at least you didn't buy an $800 "higher end" gun that you found you didn't like or didn't perform as expected! This happens too- and I know I'd be more upset if I spent $800 instead of $200 to learn, essentially the same thing(s). But now- you can rip that SS apart if you like and even if it gets destroyed in the process of learning- you won't be out too significant an amount of money. Mr. Green

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quote
johncedarhill
Good point. I am thinking of doing some disassembly on it or experimentation.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles