 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | AirGunHome Shooting Competition Week 77 |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:41 pm |
|
|
| Alstone |
| Moderator & Site Supporter |

 |
 |
| Joined: 01 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 4139 |
| Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND |
|
|
 |
Target to download and print: Week 77; Mar 16 > Mar 22/2009
1)Print to full-size on an A4 or 8.5"x11" sheet of paper.
2) Shooting distance is 5m/16.4ft for pistols.
3) Shooting distance is 10m/32.8ft for rifles.
3a) The rules for shooting 5m or 10 m are that the distance from the target to the firing line should be 10m for rifle and 5m for pistol.
All shots, from whatever shooting position must be made with the competitor wholly behind the firing line but able to touch it.
Basically the shooter should be behind the line but the part of the gun not being held by the shooter can protrude past the line.
4) All targets to be shot standing
5) Any sighting device may be used.
6) NO rests or steadying aids are allowed.
7) 20 shots total, 2 per target maximum. Up to 5 sighting/practice shots not on the clock using the Green
8) 15 minutes total time (take whatever amount of time for each shot you like, but at 15 minutes-stop!).
9) Scoring is as marked on Target. Only two hits per target count. Maximum point count is 200.
10) Entries need to be scanned or photographed and posted. Please list gun, pellet, sighting device and total time expended.
11) You can enter using both a pistol and a rifle as separate entries, only one entry for each, but all rules must be followed.
12) Score your own target. Winner and Runner-Up will be verified by board officials.
13) An honourable contest for sport- to lie or cheat, is the only real loser. Please keep it above-board!
14) Each competition runs from Monday to Sunday. Your entry must be posted in the forum no later than 23:00 GMT Sunday.
15) These rules are for this week's shooting competition and may change for others
Al |
|
Last edited by Alstone on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total _________________
 |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:07 pm |
|
|
| Ampage |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 28 Feb 2009 |
| Posts: 9 |
| Location: United States |
|
|
 |
Tried this one off hand for a change, not bad.
Had quite a bit of tearing but I think I scored it OK (let me know)
March 17, 2009
4:30 PM
7:00 min
IZH-46M
RWS Meisterkugeln (8.2 gr)
Open Sights
Off hand
53/200
edit: first scan was HUGE
 |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:38 pm |
|
|
| Bean |
| Veteran Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 23 Sep 2008 |
| Posts: 127 |
| Location: Bel Air MD |
|
|
 |
Ampage, by offhand do you mean one handed? That's about where I would be one handed. I bow to the folks using iron/peep sights and shooting one handed.
Notes:
Top Left target - YES 2 pellets went in that hole (I even saved them - not that it proves anything)
2nd target down on the left - I really think it's a 20, even sat a pellet over the outer hole trying to make sure.
Crossman 2300s
2-7x BSA Scope at 3x
Gamo Match Wads .177
Standing, 2 Hand, 5m
Result = 137/200
approx 8.5 min, forgot to stop timer
(did I print the target to small - looks small compared to Ampage's scan...) |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | Week77 |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:29 am |
|
|
| oatring |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 11 Oct 2008 |
| Posts: 65 |
|
|
|
 |
Great! Bullseyes again! But, these look hard to see. In reality, the 10-ring is about equal to a 9-ring regular target,
but they just look smaller. So, I print it out, seems even smaller. (Maybe Bean and I have the same printer! Could we have a scale on the target (maybe a 1 inch circle or line) so we can make sure our targets are all the same size?)
Put the target in the holder, go back into position, realize I have should put air in the cylinder. Since I haven't fired shot 1 yet, I think I'm still off the clock. So, I pump up the cylinder. While removing it, I hear a loud hiss of air, and I've like lost 50 bar in the cylinder. Still enough to shoot.
Go back to position, swear loudly about not being able to see a d*mn thing, and have a go. So, if my first shot is good, it really helps me with an aiming point for the second shot. But, if the first shot is not that good, my second shot is a hope and a prayer. You can tell by looking at the target!
Walther LG300XT 10m standing peep
Match Diablos
14:15 (20 shots, 15 minutes at a hard target?)
190/200 Please feel free to re-score my target. I used an Eagle-eye scope to try to check, but the 10 ring didn't match my templates.
 |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | Re: Week77 |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:20 am |
|
|
| Bean |
| Veteran Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 23 Sep 2008 |
| Posts: 127 |
| Location: Bel Air MD |
|
|
 |
| oatring wrote: |
| Maybe Bean and I have the same printer! |
Actually, I think yours is smaller than mine (that doesn't sound right). |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:56 am |
|
|
| oddtodd |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 30 Dec 2008 |
| Posts: 2029 |
| Location: Richmond, IN USA |
|
|
 |
I thought we were talking about targets?  |
|
_________________ Airguns: Two starlings talking "Larry, did you hear that? Larry?? LARRY!!!!" |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:06 pm |
|
|
| Alstone |
| Moderator & Site Supporter |

 |
 |
| Joined: 01 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 4139 |
| Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND |
|
|
 |
The sun came out at last 13Deg C ( That’s 55 Deg F to you colonialists’ ), so enough heat to keep the Co2 going and also a new sight, I’m quite pleased with the result but I can tell that the lack of practice over the winter makes a difference.
Date 18-3-09
Time taken 13minutes
gun Rohm Twinmaster
Sight Hawke Red Dot
Pellet Bisley Practice .177
Range 5m
Score 103/200
PS: Target size, I can see the problems with target sizes on diffrent printers, so from next week I will make the green sighting dot 1/2" dia on an A4 sheet, I will also put a blue border around the whole target just slightly in from the edge.
Al |
|
_________________
 |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:53 pm |
|
|
| rsterne |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 15 Jan 2008 |
| Posts: 2998 |
| Location: Coalmont, BC |
|
|
 |
Didn't bother posting my Rifle target this week (it was 70% at 7 m anyway).... but I'm quite pleased with the way my pistol shooting is coming along.... I actually kept all the shots within the targets!....
Score 124 / 200
Crosman 2289 Pistol
JSB Express 14.3 gr. pellets
Stock peep rear / fibre optic blade front sights
6:25 shot at 5 m
Bob |
|
_________________ Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal: Too many to count! |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:47 pm |
|
|
| Brutuz |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 12 Jan 2009 |
| Posts: 504 |
|
|
|
 |
Just in time
Crosman SSP 250 open sights
Crosman .177 Wadcutters
4 min 41 sec
Score 141/200 (after a fun week of skiing and a long drive back it was difficult to shoot) |
|
_________________
Crosman [1300 1322 1377 1377c 1389 2289G Mark II SSP250 2300KT 2400KT ]
Sheridan [HB20]
Haenel [III 284]
SMK [XS78 Deluxish]
My vids on Youtube |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:22 pm |
|
|
| Alstone |
| Moderator & Site Supporter |

 |
 |
| Joined: 01 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 4139 |
| Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND |
|
|
 |
Nice shooting everyone.
The Winner is Oatring with 190
Runner up is Brutuz with 141 |
|
_________________
 |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|