Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition » AirGunHome Shooting Competition Week 76 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
AirGunHome Shooting Competition Week 76 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Target to download and print: Week 76; Mar 9 > Mar 15/2009



1)Print to full-size on an A4 or 8.5"x11" sheet of paper.
2) Shooting distance is 5m/16.4ft for pistols.
3) Shooting distance is 10m/32.8ft for rifles.
3a) The rules for shooting 5m or 10 m are that the distance from the target to the firing line should be 10m for rifle and 5m for pistol.
All shots, from whatever shooting position must be made with the competitor wholly behind the firing line but able to touch it.
Basically the shooter should be behind the line but the part of the gun not being held by the shooter can protrude past the line.
4) All targets to be shot standing
5) Any sighting device may be used.
6) NO rests or steadying aids are allowed.
7) 15 shots total, 1 per target maximum. Up to 5 sighting/practice shots not on the clock using the Green
8) 15 minutes total time (take whatever amount of time for each shot you like, but at 15 minutes-stop!).
9) Scoring is as marked on target, none for White or Blue Only one hit per target counts Maximum point count is 120.
10) Entries need to be scanned or photographed and posted. Please list gun, pellet, sighting device and total time expended.
11) You can enter using both a pistol and a rifle as separate entries, only one entry for each, but all rules must be followed.
12) Score your own target. Winner and Runner-Up will be verified by board officials.
13) An honourable contest for sport- to lie or cheat, is the only real loser. Please keep it above-board!
14) Each competition runs from Monday to Sunday. Your entry must be posted in the forum no later than 23:00 GMT Sunday.
15) These rules are for this week's shooting competition and may change for others


Al


Last edited by Alstone on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
Brutuz
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 504
Bet there wil be a lot 120/120's this week Cool

Mine isn't though Crying or Very sad



Crosman SSP 250 open sights
Crosman .177 Wadcutters
3 min 22 sec
Score 101/120

Can't enter next week unfortunately, we'll be in the French Alps then. Everybody good luck this and next week.

Btw, the top/center 10 might apear as a hit but realy isn't.

_________________

Crosman [1300 1322 1377 1377c 1389 2289G Mark II SSP250 2300KT 2400KT ]
Sheridan [HB20]
Haenel [III 284]
SMK [XS78 Deluxish]
My vids on Youtube
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Brutuz wrote:
Bet there wil be a lot 120/120's this week Cool

Mine isn't though Crying or Very sad


Can't enter next week unfortunately, we'll be in the French Alps then. Everybody good luck this and next week.




Your probably right Brutuz, I think I made it a bit two easy this week, but at least it stops people getting disillusioned with low scores. Laughing

Have a nice time in the French Alps Thumb Up!

Al


Last edited by Alstone on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Ampage
New Member
New Member
Joined: 28 Feb 2009
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Well that was a mess.
If anything I'm learning alot about patience.
Started out great, nailed the practice shots, and the first 6 and 7 on the left. Then missed the 8 badly, got frustrated, and fell apart.
My time of 5:03 pretty much confirmed that.
My grip was pretty shaky also, I dont think that Monster for breakfast helped.
Learn some stuff each time.

March 9, 2009
12:30 PM
Time=5:03
IZH-46M
Gamo Match
Open Sights
Two Handed

26/120 (120 max right? 40 per column?)


View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Your right Ampage 120 it is, I'll get it right one of these weeks. Laughing

I was just saying to Brutuz that this weeks target was maybe to easy, now I'm not so sure. Question

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
I really should print out these targets before posting them for the competition each week, what I thought would be a difficult target is an easy one, the bulls are bigger than I though.

Anyway here we go

Date 11-3-09
Time 14 minutes
gun Umarex Winchester 94
Pellet Bisley Practice .177
Sight Peep
Range 10m

Score 92/120



Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Bean
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 127
Location: Bel Air MD
Alstone wrote:
I really should print out these targets before posting them for the competition each week, what I thought would be a difficult target is an easy one, the bulls are bigger than I though.Al


Well, no one has nailed it yet. As a matter of fact I was able to put very few near the center of any of the bulls no matter how big they got. I guess my eye is drawn to the edge.

I usually shoot both rifle and pistol at these but never post my rifle results as they are usually rather pitiful. Today - I got the same score with both so I'm posting them!!! The rifle shoot was cleaner than the pistol, more center shots.

Pistol
Crossman 2300S
2-7x BSA Scope at 3x
Gamo Match Wads
5m, 2 Hand, Standing
6 min 50(+/-) Sec
103/120



Rifle
Airforce Talon SS
3-24x Centerpoint Scope at 15x
CP Heavy
10m, Offhand, Standing
5 min 00(+/-) Sec
103/120

View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quote
jleecbd
New Member
New Member
Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 9
Well, I won't post my target as it was very ugly. Of course, it was the first time trying this, and I'm only using a Crosman 357. I've dropped the rear sights as far down as I can, and I'm still missing low.

I'll attempt to benchrest shoot the gun this weekend and see if I can dial in the sights better. Any advice welcomed.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:55 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
jleecbd wrote:
Well, I won't post my target as it was very ugly. Of course, it was the first time trying this, and I'm only using a Crosman 357. I've dropped the rear sights as far down as I can, and I'm still missing low.

I'll attempt to benchrest shoot the gun this weekend and see if I can dial in the sights better. Any advice welcomed.


Welcome to Airgunhome Target shooting jleecbd,

I’m not sure if I’ve got it right what you said about dropping the rear sights and still shooting low, but doing that will make the gun shoot low, to lift the point of aim raise the rear sight, or the problem could be the way you are holding the gun or pulling the trigger.

BTW which barrel do you have fitted 6” or 8”?

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:02 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Bean wrote:
Alstone wrote:
I really should print out these targets before posting them for the competition each week, what I thought would be a difficult target is an easy one, the bulls are bigger than I though.Al


Well, no one has nailed it yet. As a matter of fact I was able to put very few near the center of any of the bulls no matter how big they got. I guess my eye is drawn to the edge.



I was using my Winchester with peep sights this week and for the large targets it was excellent, but with the smaller ones it was more difficult to hit the bull.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:57 am Reply with quote
jleecbd
New Member
New Member
Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 9
Alstone wrote:
jleecbd wrote:
Well, I won't post my target as it was very ugly. Of course, it was the first time trying this, and I'm only using a Crosman 357. I've dropped the rear sights as far down as I can, and I'm still missing low.

I'll attempt to benchrest shoot the gun this weekend and see if I can dial in the sights better. Any advice welcomed.


Welcome to Airgunhome Target shooting jleecbd,

I’m not sure if I’ve got it right what you said about dropping the rear sights and still shooting low, but doing that will make the gun shoot low, to lift the point of aim raise the rear sight, or the problem could be the way you are holding the gun or pulling the trigger.

BTW which barrel do you have fitted 6” or 8”?

Al


Yeah, I was thinking about that last night. Mental hiccup, as raising the sights has the opposite effect of raising the rear of the gun. I'll try again this weekend.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:26 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2998
Location: Coalmont, BC
I have a question about the stance / hold for pistol shooting.... I realize that you must not use any type of brace or rest for the gun, and that all targets must be shot standing.... Is there any limitation on the way you hold or rest the gun on your body?....

In other words, if you are using a gun with a pistol grip (no stock).... and you are standing (not leaning on or against anything).... is any hold allowed providing the gun is only touching your body?....

I assume there is no limitation on barrel length (ie a 14" barrel is OK).... Sorry for the noob questions, but I have never shot target with a pistol before and I'm trying every conceivable way to hold the wavering monster.... Rolling Eyes

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal: Too many to count!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Hi Bob, we try to keep the rules as simple as possible, if the full pistol shooting regulations were adhered to we wouldn’t get anywhere.

So in answer to you question, you can use any hold you like including using your teeth providing your nose does not cross over the 5 or 10 m meter line.Laughing

If you want to brace you elbows against your body ok, or you could try holding your left arm out, and rest the right hand with the gun in it on your left elbow, then bring your left hand round and hold your right elbow, if you find that you get the shakes holding the gun single handed or with both hands, you could try these.

Just remember that whatever hold you use no part of your body must be over the 5 or 10 meter line.

I hope that helps

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Week76 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
oatring
Member
Member
Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 65
Okay, bullseyes again. Check the scoring rules... Good. Hit the red.
Is there a catch? Check the time... 15 min for 15 shots.
No problem, I should be able to do this. Printed the target, posted in
the trap and head back to position. Thank goodness for the blue rings
for the smaller dots. I can see this through the peep. Okay, now feel
the pressure to clean the target....


Walther LG300XT 10m standing peep
12:45 sec
Match Diablos


120/120

View user's profile Send private message
Re: Week76 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:03 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
oatring wrote:
Thank goodness for the blue rings
for the smaller dots. I can see this through the peep.


Yea I thought it would help for iron and peep sights, not that it did me any good, Smile

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
AirGunHome Shooting Competition Week 76 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.