Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Daisy 22X
Daisy 22X 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote
DavidSaunders
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have a Daisy 22X that I will be modifying this weekend. I would like to know what experences others have had with there Daisy 22X or 22SG?

Also how does it perform in verious tasks in the view of other 22X/22SG owners.

I am going to bbe tuning this one for maximum possible power (with in reason [I am NOT going to make a custom pump tube nor pump arm]). I am going to try for 20+FPE, and see how close I can get it.

Thank you much.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
BPDave
David since the 22x is a multi-pump, how do you plan on tuning it to such a high energy level?
I too own a 22X and besides overpumping the rifle, such high levels are unachieveable! The action is based on the tried and true Powerline 880 which uses "O" rings for seals and can't withstaand much more than the mfgr's recommended max without blowing seals.
The rifle fires at just under 550fps max charged and that's enough for most small game within 25 yds. Beyond that velocity falls off pretty quick.
The 22X is a VERY accurate rifle and being a .22 cal, it generates quite a bit of power. The accuracy is where it shines!
I slightly modified mine. First of all making sure all seals were in good condition and tolerances were tight. I lubed it well and removed all unnessary lube from the action.
I lightened up the trigger by lightening it's spring and added a aluminium trigger shoe to spread the required pressure across a broader area, making the trigger feel much lighter.
The only problem was that I had to perminantlly affix the shoe making dissambly almost impossible without cutting the epoxy with a dremel and maybe harming the trigger. No biggie because I NEVER overcharge the rifle and it;ll likely lst forever as-is.
Different weight and shaped pellets really change the preformance of the 22X . Light W/C pellets are great for close range pest birds and great for targets. Heavy, pointed pellets work well for long range shooting and create high impacts for plinking.
If you want power, I'd suggest getting a Diana Model 34 in .22. Great long range hunters!
Leave the 22X what it is and don't overcharge it or you'll soon need a rebuild!
HTH,
BPDave

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:57 pm Reply with quote
DavidSaunders
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow. Now I am a bit jealous of who ever was using my name, he had a Daisy 22X? I have never had one, though would love to find one for sale local someday.

Reading things it appears whoever he was had some interesting rifles, many that I would not want.
Daisy 22X 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles