Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition » Exploding Pop Bottle
Exploding Pop Bottle 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
After studying Erics soda pop video I think the problem was to much pressure and not enough pop. So here goes with something bigger. The gun a twinmaster is fitted with a suppressor (My own make) and the muzzel is 18" from the mike. and all you can hear is the music.

Exploding Pop Bottle, Click Here

Last edited by Alstone on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:09 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
I think you killed it! Very Happy

Seems you are right about needing more volume of soda and there having been too much pressure in the soda pop can experiment- those plastic bottles must also deform a bit to allow the expanding stuff to escape without tearing a hole right through!

Nice job. One question though- are you hiding in your garage so the neighbours don't see you, or so your wife can't find you? Wink

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:58 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Hey Al

Nice Vid Al!!

Could you post a pic of your silencer setup?? I don't think I've seen it around here yet! Seems pretty quiet considering that it's only 18" away from the barrel.

Also. What did you use to pressurize the pop bottle? Was it Sodium Bicarbonate, An Asprin or just plain shaken-up Lemonade?

I liked the plaster job you did on the pop bottle, Just before you made it in to a cheese grater!! LOL!!!

And lastly: How did you change the link from an address to "Exploding Pop Bottle, Click Here"??

Stevie Thumb Up!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
First Eric, yes I do spend a lot of time in my garage, if I spend to much time in the house the wife finds something for me to do, she thinks I'm obsessed with airguns but I can't think why.
Stevie thanks for the compliment on the video, I said in an earlier post that I was using Ulead software but in actual fact it was Microsoft Movie Maker2.
The pop bottle was some crap from Sainsburys 35p a bottle, if you bash it on the ground a few times, the shock wave passing through it makes it release more Co2.
The silencer is one I made for my Twinmaster because it has a hell of a crack and I use it most days and I do not want to annoy the neighbour's, I thought there was a photo on here somewere, anyway I'll post some photos on the gallery.
And as for the link to the video, I think Eric must be doing it as I have been having a bit of trouble with the link, if not then I haven't got a clue. I'm probably doing it wrong or I need to change the hosting site.

Stevie try this link to Twinmaster
http://www.airgunhome.com/agforum/viewtopic.php?t=94

AL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:09 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hello. Yes- it's me "shortening" the links so just a title appears. Your host service is working ok- at least in as far as your links work. I put a basic explanation up of how this gets done in the "Accessories" post about your magazine holders. I do this so pages don't stretch all over the place (I use a 1024x768 display mode and it's terrible when this happens- alot of people still use 800x600 resolution which must really make for some terrible looking pages).

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Cheers Eric, it certainly got me thinking something was wrong. So we can post in 1024x768 format now, I didn't realise.

AL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
'post in 1024x 768 format'. Well, yes and no- the sides of the screen also take up some of the '1024'- your picture sizes have been perfect for someone with a 1024x768 setup or larger- but for someone using 800x600 even those will cause their screen to stretch.

Awhile back I added to the main www.airgunhome.com page that the site is "best viewed using 1024x758 resolution."

If you were to make your pictures wider than they have been- then anyone not running 1280x1024 or higher resolution will get screen stretch!

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Exploding Pop Bottle 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition