 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | Beeman R9 Deluxe/Weihrauch HW95 Luxus |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:50 am |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
| Is there anyone around here who owns one? I'm kind of looking into the small but powerfull allrounder class. I shot a HW95 Luxus a while ago which has a longer fore-end if I recall well. It shot really well, but I hoped to hear a bit more about this particular rifle from my fellow forum members. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:57 am |
|
|
| 23ib0d0n |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 21 May 2007 |
| Posts: 757 |
|
|
|
 |
What did you want to know?
I like a TO1 Diana 34 more than the Deluxe R-9 with the Rekord.
Fit and finish is similar, but the Diana is a simpler design with a much better price.
The R-9 was more 'twangy' than I like after 50 shots so I opened it up to find yellow grease all over the sliced piston seal. So an ARH kit and Hornet seal got it up and running . . .
. . . but . . .
For more than twice the price it isn't even as good as the Diana with an ARH kit and a fitted Tesla seal . . .
Was that the question? |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:17 pm |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
The HW95 is actually a bit more affordable over here, espeacially used. I also think it looks a ton better, and I already have a Diana. I've recently spit a lot on Weihrauch BECAUSE I got a Diana, mostly for the fun, but those Weihrauchs are often way to perfect. A week and a half ago I shot a HW95 which was untuned. I like the size and balance. It's just perfect.
Then again, I also like the 350 Magnum in .22. That's such a fricking monster but way to expensive.
I so totally shouldn't talk about buying a new gun. I'd need a job first... But dang, I'd love a little springer.
Maybe I'll go for a BSA in the end. The Lightning XL. Tremendously fun little rifle.
BSA Lightning XL
Length: 950 mm (these really have a perfect balance for me)
Weight: 2900 gr
Pellet speed: 200 Mps (Approximately 16 Fpe, or 18 in 6,35).
Diana 34 Classic (Not one of the most interesting looking rifles)
Length: 1150 mm
Weight: 3200 gr
Pellet Speed: 210 Mps (approximately 13/14 Fpe)
Weihrauch HW95.
Length: 1075 mm
Weight: 3400 gr
Pellet Speed: 230 Mps (Approximately 14/16 Fpe too)
I got all these numbers from the same site, but the numbers don't add up... Probably used the out-of-the-box-pellets-that-come-with-the-rifle for these, which are often not very good.
Or maybe back to Slavia... |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | R9 |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:11 pm |
|
|
| cliffspot |
| Veteran Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 15 Jun 2007 |
| Posts: 132 |
| Location: Miami via Hawaii |
|
|
 |
| Last March I ordered an R9 for my cousin in Hawaii. I tuned it with a JM spring kit. The gun is STRONG! CPL's were clocking about 910 fps. The firing cycle is snappy at that power level but no twang. Sent it to Hawaii and my cousin mounted a Bushnell 4-12X40 Trophy on it. Pleased as punch, he is shooting birds at 60+ yards with ease! He was looking for a gun for his younger brother's birthday but his brother wanted something smoother with less kick. Ended up selling him my tuned B26 that shoots CPL's at 880fps. The gun is SUPER smooth on the shot cycle; no twang and just a solid thunk! Regret selling that gun so I have another B26 on order! Both cousins are happy and continue to tease each other about the finer points of their guns! |
|
_________________ There are no accidents; only ignorance, mechanical failure, and acts of God! I have loaded over 6 million rounds in the last 5 years and STILL have not seen it all! |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:33 am |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | 177....hello?!?! |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:00 pm |
|
|
| cliffspot |
| Veteran Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 15 Jun 2007 |
| Posts: 132 |
| Location: Miami via Hawaii |
|
|
 |
| I WISH I could get a springer the size of an R9 to shoot 900fps in 22 cal! Never have to buy another gun....EVER! ANd if you believe that, I got some nice riverside property for sale here in South Miami! |
|
_________________ There are no accidents; only ignorance, mechanical failure, and acts of God! I have loaded over 6 million rounds in the last 5 years and STILL have not seen it all! |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:11 am |
|
|
| sniper |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 28 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 3752 |
| Location: Star, Idaho |
|
|
 |
| cliff or broom. do you have a source for b-26 tuning parts??? other than macarri?? |
|
_________________ I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it....... |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:35 am |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
Aren't there also Venom tunes for the R9? Not sure if they make them for the B26 models, even though they should be about the same.
I don't think there is much to choose from. Maccari tunes are fine. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:40 am |
|
|
| sniper |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 28 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 3752 |
| Location: Star, Idaho |
|
|
 |
the reason i ask is cw said that internal measurements vary and it needs to be taken apart to know which parts to buy. i thought another manufacturer would have the answer with having to strip the gun first.  |
|
_________________ I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it....... |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | B26 tune parts |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:59 am |
|
|
| cliffspot |
| Veteran Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 15 Jun 2007 |
| Posts: 132 |
| Location: Miami via Hawaii |
|
|
 |
| Sniper, the only place to get seals and a good spring is Macarri. Chrony your gun with CPL's (I use that pellet as a benchmark to test all my 177 cal guns) If it is shooting at least 900fps, it's good to go. What I did to mine was change the seal, deburr the insides and I sent my stock spring to Rich from Mich to get delrin guides and a delrin tophat. Polish your spring ends and put in a stainless washer in the piston side to space it up a bit as the delrin guides will usually be a tad thinner than the stock metal guide. When you install the seal, measure the inside diameter of the comp tube and size the seal .005"over tube diameter. Make sure you don't round the front edge of the seal! if you want to change the spring, get the Merlin spring from Macarri. That's what Mike at Flying Dragon uses. Good luck brah! Oh yeah BROOMMASTER...CPL's are ONLY in 177 cal!THat's why I never write a caliber when I mention them. |
|
_________________ There are no accidents; only ignorance, mechanical failure, and acts of God! I have loaded over 6 million rounds in the last 5 years and STILL have not seen it all! |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:08 pm |
|
|
| sniper |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 28 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 3752 |
| Location: Star, Idaho |
|
|
 |
| mines .22. factory i'm getting 715 w/ 14.5 superdomes. it's just a little thwangy. i'm not a gunsmith but a dumb dumb so i would be paying to have it tuned. i'll check out the parts you said. thanks!!! |
|
_________________ I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it....... |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:29 pm |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
16.46 Fpe. That's not to shabby.  |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:50 pm |
|
|
| sniper |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 28 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 3752 |
| Location: Star, Idaho |
|
|
 |
opinions aside on qc of chinese guns. if it is the luck of the draw i got a good one. accept a little thwang this rifle is very well built. after break in the trigger smoothed to a true first stage with a clean second around 3lbs. i want one in .177. it has the exact poi with preditors,superdomes and h&n FTS. doesn't seem picky.  |
|
_________________ I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it....... |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:12 am |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
I'm looking into ordering a B-28. It's a clone of the 350 magnum, and I hope getting it in .22. If that doesn't work out, I might order a B-26 in .22.
That is, if I can get it over here cheaply. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:57 pm |
|
|
| sniper |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 28 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 3752 |
| Location: Star, Idaho |
|
|
 |
i forget who has it but the b-28 is $155 here. cobra airguns. i think. i first saw it end of last year. having 3 .22's i'll never buy another .177. |
|
_________________ I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it....... |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|