Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Crosman 1077 - I'm trying not to cuss
Crosman 1077 - I'm trying not to cuss 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:44 pm Reply with quote
rman43
I recently purchased a Crosman 1077. The trigger pull was pretty bad and I thought it would help my Grandson if I replaced it. I bought a 3rd party trigger and itstalled it. I should have left well enough alone. It functioned fine with the old trigger. The first time I put it back together, when I pulled the trigger it blew the magazine out of the magazine well, but did not shoot a pellet. All the CO2 blew out through the mag well. All of the subsequent times I've tried to fix it causes a stuck magazine and locked up trigger problem. I just got through reassembling it once again. (About the 6th time I think, all with the original trigger.) I discovered that I had installed the hammer latch upside down. I was pretty sure things were going to work out. Everything seemed to be working ok until I put in a CO2 cylinder. It fired normally twice, the third time it barely blew out the pellet and then the trigger locked up and the magazine is jammed in again. Unless someone can help me figure out what is wrong, I'm going to disassemble it one more time, save the mag and rotary clips and pitch the rest of it on separate trash days. I've done something terribly wrong, but for the life of me I can't figure out what.

I've put Volquartzen custom triggers in my Ruger Mark II Target, Mark III .22/45 Target and Mark IV Target guns, Timney trigger in a Remington 700 and Rock River 2 stage target triggers in all my AR15's. I never had problems with any of those guns. This is my first and probably last rodeo with air guns.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:04 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Don;t know if the guide will help you or not: http://www.airgunhome.com/pages/1077disassembly.html

Do you have some sort of instructions or similar for this aftermarket trigger that you can post/post a link to?

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:46 pm Reply with quote
rman43
Thanks for the link! All I have is the maker's classified ad on another forum. (I don't think the trigger is the problem. After problems with the new one, put the old one back in with same results. Think I put something back wrong?)

Would it help if I take a photo of the internals as I have them installed?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:43 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yes, a picture of what you've got right now should help.

And, just to mention it, leave the hammer latch and the shaft and spring for it out completely if it is giving you grief- doesn't seem to affect functionality if it's removed.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:35 pm Reply with quote
rman43
Eric I took mine apart and looked at the photo from the link you provided, and I couldn't see anything that looked out of place. (I really didn't have any trouble with the hammer latch/spring/pin.) The only thing I could figure out was that I had a faulty magazine. I had ordered an extra one and it just came today. Dropped in a co2 cartridge, put a loaded clip in the magazine and VOILA! It works like a charm. I never disassembled the magazine, so I don't know what caused it to fail. I discovered that I couldn't pull the transfer bar very far out of the magazine. The new one pulled out twice as far. Problem solved. Thanks for your help - I appreciate it.
Crosman 1077 - I'm trying not to cuss 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles