Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Canadian gun laws
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canadian gun laws 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
I am going to go up to Canada to go shooting with a friend
and was wondering if someone could point me in the right
direction to find out about the laws up there and how they relate
to a visiting shooter from the USA.

Specifically, how do I get a PAL, or can I even get one,
being as I am a visitor. And are suppressors legal like in England?
My BATFE permit will probably not be any good up there
I imagine.

Will I be reduced to shooting my 3 fpe pistol? My daughter
has a rifle that only goes 550 fps with 7 grain .177 caliber pellets.
Would that be sufficiently week enough for them to trust me with while
on their soil.


CW
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quote
23ib0d0n
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 757
From what I understand - Canada tolerates NO supressors or pistols. Also think that 500fps is the velocity restriction.

Plenty of Canadians on the forum to point you in the right direction though Yes Nod
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
Just do like me. Don't let idiotic laws designed by idiots effect your having a good time. I can understand suppressors and pistols, but are they actually going to get out a chrony and check the velocity of your air gun? Plus, its only Canada.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
No. I don't want to break any laws, whether
I agree with them or not. Especially being a
visitor from a different country.


CW
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
Are you going to be on public or private land?

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
We will be on private land. Why?


CW
View user's profile Send private message
visiting Canada 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Tailgunner
New Member
New Member
Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 5
Here you go http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/factsheets/visitin_e.asp

Please note that there are very specific regulations for bringing in any handguns that qualify as 'restricted'. Restricted 'usually' means anything over 500fps.

Do NOT try and get one across the border by 'hiding' it.......nasty things await........such as gun seized.....car seized......charges......court.....fines.

there are perfectly legal ways to get rifles (as well as handguns) across for competition, hunting or casual use.......the link should explain what the restrictions are.

Above all, bring your guns......and have fun Smile

Cheers - Gus
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
Thanks for the info and link Tailgunner.
It looks like it will be pretty easy.


CW
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
It's not difficult to get rifles into Canada- but yes, pistols are tough- and silencers/moderators are "prohibited", period. Only military applications and police use are allowed- anyone possessing a silencer can be nailed to the wall in Canada- native Canadian or visitor- silencers are -verboten- and this applies to everyone visiting as well, except perhaps for members of other nation's diplomatic corps. So- if you work for the State Department, you might be able to get one in!

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Mar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 428
Location: Victoria, BC
tailgunner said it pretty much well. just don't know for sure if that stands for air guns though. Anything under 500 fps should be allowed but I'm not positive on that.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:11 am Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
I think that I will call the authorities up there,
just to be safe and see if they will let me bring
my Condor up. I really enjoy all my other guns,
but the Condor has been my favorite for quite
a while. I even enjoy it more than my firearms!


CW
View user's profile Send private message
Canadian gun laws 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.