Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Airgun Smithing » spring compressor project
spring compressor project 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:56 pm Reply with quote
doble00
well this project its still unfinished, but will do it for tomorrow, I grab some scrap from the job side and go till here in almost 1/2 hour (lunch time) anyways after coming home I did some modifications in term to do it more stronger, I'm like that, first do them think about, anyways may some one can do it too and perfection it, for me its good enough and right now its pretty solid and i think close to a professional grade, the only inconvenience for me its that i will use it only once....lol, cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:24 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Based on the picture- it looks like you are using a rather thin piece of wood as the base. I would suggest using steel (1/4") or wood thick enough to not be able to flex (i.e. a 2x4).

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:48 pm Reply with quote
doble00
actually it is a piece of hardwood flooring ripped (german oak) 4" width x 3/4" thick, basically its the hardest it can be found in the market, I agree that a piece of metal its going to be more solid than this wood, at least i tested with a nitro piston that i bought in scopes and ammo, great and honest service by the way and compressed it without any kind of problems, for me its good enough cause i'll use just once in a project that I'm running with a benji classic and after that for sure i will keep the screw and will through the rest to the garbage bin, lol, a big artefact to keep it at home, if I need it back in a future i'll made one like the prints that are beside the picture or as you said before with a kind of metal base, at least its long better that some one i found in you tube that are working and used more frequently, for now i'll be more worried about the benji (that I'm zero skilled) than in the compressor, that I'm sure that can move a house whiteout any problem, lol
finally 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:00 am Reply with quote
doble00
As I said before "may be helpful for someone".So the Benji mod its done and the spring compressor has been taken apart etc., yesterday found that for just 20 $ that think will be same purpose and not that technical that the one I made before...., Eric make think about the 2x4 plate,
, pretty solid, cheap and easy. Regards
[/img]
spring compressor project 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Airgun Smithing