Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Today I received my new Benjamin Trail NP2 Rifle(w/ goodies)
Today I received my new Benjamin Trail NP2 Rifle(w/ goodies) 
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:51 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
I shot it about 50 times today to zero it in. I have an older (maybe first gen) Titan XP that I have absolutely loved my whole time owning it. (Both are .22)

Initial thoughts- this gun is a lot more twangy. It might just need broken in, but I'm not sure yet. I got serious dieseling on my first few shots, but then that stopped, so hopefully that was just grease in the barrel.

The scope is not bad, but I miss the mil-dots in my UTG.

Scope specs:
3-9x magnification
40mm objective lens
1" tube
Duplex reticle
1/4 MOA
5 yds to infinity parallax adjustment
13.3mm to 4.5mm exit pupil
2.6" to 3.8" eye relief
Fast-focus eyepiece
+/- 30 MOA windage and elevation adjustment range

I had to shim the hell out of my rear mount, because the rifle appears to exhibit some sort of dramatic barrel droop.

Despite the trouble, I got it shooting Crow Magnums inside a dime at around 25 yards. It did not like Polymags or H&N Predators. I'm going to try buying some heavier pellets than I'm used to using.

Recoil is bruising my trigger finger. That kind of sucks. Trigger itself is as good as anyone can expect in this price range/style of rifle. Trigger guard is huge, ugly, and plastic.

Stock arrived with a big ding in it, but I don't care, luckily. I prefer the overall size of my Titan, but the grip on this one is comfortable. It's slightly harder to cock, but that was expected.

Observably more powerful than the Titan, and about the same volume.

The doodads it came with:

Benjamin Strap. I like the strap, I don't like how it's attached in the front. Afraid I'll break it someday.

Centerpoint Universal Sunshade. Actually pretty cool. Works very well. 2 came in the pack, so both my pellet guns got one. I might even take them with me when I have my powderburners out. They do interfere with reloading, but not terribly.

Crosman Zombie Resetting Field Target. Another surprise. Made of good-enough metal, and paint seems to hold up pretty well to the abuse. I have got it to fall a couple times without hitting the bullseye, but the shots were really close. Handy to reset. Definitely would be a lot of fun (and good practice- it comes with some very small bullseye rings) if you've got a kid to shoot with.

Pretty happy with my purchase! I didn't expect the scope to be any good. Disappointed with the barrel droop, but I've got it managed for now and can fix it in the future.
Today I received my new Benjamin Trail NP2 Rifle(w/ goodies) 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles