Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols » Sheridan EB17 Mods
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Sheridan EB17 Mods 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:47 pm Reply with quote
jedi
Member
Member
Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 31
Does any body know how to mod these: http://www.airgunsus.com/desc/she2909.html for more power/velocity?
________
home made vaporizer


Last edited by jedi on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
It's a Co² gun, so any power mods are going to involve gas transfer path a valve modifications. Personally, I'm not familiar with the EB22 specifically, but here's the layout:

Parts picture

Parts list


The springs, part numbers 33 and 15, as well as #13 (which seems to be mislabelled- that is in fact the valve plunger as far as I can tell) need to be modified/changed. Lighter springs and better tranfer are through that valve plunger (i.e. bigger holes).


Perhaps somebody else here has had the EB's apart to be more specific.


Also- Welcome to AirGunHome.com!

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quote
The outdoorsman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 240
Location: Canada
welcome and i believe if you mod the hammer spring it will give it more power and you can also do a valve mod if you have a dremal tool

_________________
' I dont think of the audiance as anything different than me, you have to seduce the audiance
ya cant beat'em and ya cant kiss their a$$"
Harison Ford

Shooting Pistols
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:53 am Reply with quote
leadman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 215
switch the hammer spring for a crosman 2289 hammer spring, should bring it up to about 550 fps and about 7-8 good shots

_________________
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=huntingcanada
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quote
jedi
Member
Member
Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 31
thanks for the replys guys, but how do I get the valve to come out? Is there a special tool that I will need?
________
buy cheap vaporizer


Last edited by jedi on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:44 pm Reply with quote
leadman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 215
ive never taken the valve out of mine and i realized yours is the .177 model correct?? if so the velocity may be much higher
http://www.crosman.com/2004/pdf/manualarchive/EB-EVP%20&%20PL.pdf
that may be of some help

_________________
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=huntingcanada
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:28 pm Reply with quote
jedi
Member
Member
Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 31
Yes thats right mines the .177 version, I`ll have a play around with it and see what happens, Thanks for all your help, people
________
buy glass pipes


Last edited by jedi on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quote
jedi
Member
Member
Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 31
Just a quick one before I fire off into next year, what sort of FPS can I expect from this pistol with the mods using on average an 8gr pellet?
________
K?ln


Last edited by jedi on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Assuming the .177 puts out the same muzzle energy as the .22 version, with 7.9gr pellets, in stock form, you could expect a maximum velocity of around 500fps.

With valve modifications, I think leadman has it about right- 550-ish fps with 7.9gr pellets.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:16 am Reply with quote
jedi
Member
Member
Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 31
as standard im getting on average 450 fps so thats around 4ftlbs if my calculations are correct, quite a bit down on the 5+ ftlbs there advertised at, or does the .22 version produce more power?
________
mexico city hotels


Last edited by jedi on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
If you look closely at the way velocity stats are stated: "Maximum velocity: 425fps" the key word there is "maximum". Rarely, if ever, do any guns achieve this "maximum". Also, when they test/rate most guns, they use the lightest pellets they can find for the tests ("power" sells). It is quite misleading. Also note, the manufacturers rarely state actual muzzle energy (i.e. 'power') just maximum velocity, so as to make the numbers seem big.

Is this false advertising? Technically, no- but I certainly think it's misleading and somewhat unethical.

Your 4ft-lbs. is definitely within the range anyone can expect for how the gun was likely rated. For the .22 version with a maximum velocity of 425 fps, they probably used 12gr pellets for the testing and did manage to achieve 425fps, or approximately 4.5ft lbs- and you are achieving 4ft lbs- certainly not the "maximum" but also not totally out of the ballpark. If you're using 7.9gr pellets and the gun is outputting 4ft lbs- the velocity would be around 480fps. That being the case- your valve mods may only bring you to around 525fps.

And generally, No, the .22 versions of the same gun aren't any more powerful. This is not an absolute for every gun out there- but usually when two guns are exactly the same except for the caliber- the only things that have been changed are the barrel and the loading port- actual powerplant almost always is the same.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:14 pm Reply with quote
jedi
Member
Member
Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 31
I see your point, do you know if there is a silencer available for this pistol? or an adapter to fit one?
________
NEVADA DISPENSARIES


Last edited by jedi on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
None are made by Crosman/Sheridan- maybe someone in the UK knows of a place or someone who has something available for this gun.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quote
jedi
Member
Member
Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 31
are the larger calibers more efficient that the smaller ones, I see things like 200 shots in .177 and 350 shots in .22 advertised, for the exact same rifle (PCP) I presume this is the same for co2?
________
Ritalin rehab dicussion
View user's profile Send private message
Sheridan EB17 Mods 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.