Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols » Converting a Twinmaster Sport to use 8-shot Mags?
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Converting a Twinmaster Sport to use 8-shot Mags? 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:41 pm Reply with quote
cfraser
Member
Member
Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 12
How difficult and expensive would this be? Doesn't look difficult from the drawings, few parts. Expense and parts availability is another matter... Thanks.

_________________
Location: Pickering, Ont., Canada..."just a stone's throw from civilisation"
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
We need Alstone, our resident Twinmaster expert to chime in!

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Hi cfraser
The Sport can be converted to a 8 shot mag, you need part 170 which is the pawl that rotates the mag, everything else is still there, twinmasters are easy to take apart but difficult to re-assemble, you just need a bit of patience, also I find it difficult getting parts over here (UK), but I don't know if it is any diffrent over there.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quote
cfraser
Member
Member
Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 12
Thanks.

What does part 050 (and the I think associated 550 and 750) do? Does it have anything to do with this?

Do you have any idea *why* they would leave out such seemingly trivial parts in the Sport model? Assuming they don't "hurt" anything in the performance just by being there. Seems a bit silly from my perspective, to remove an operating mode from the gun that will probably be hard to retrofit (doubt the parts are easier to get in Canada than the UK), thus pointing me to a cheaper model that already has these parts installed. Thanks again for your time.

Edit: oh yeah, one other thing, are the black grips on your Twinmaster in your (Al's) pics their combat grips? Some stores call the yellow/black grips combat grips so I am unsure...

_________________
Location: Pickering, Ont., Canada..."just a stone's throw from civilisation"
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Hi CF
Part 050 is the lever that connects the hammer to the trigger, part 750 is a spring and 550 is a pin, these push the part 050 out so that the trigger catches the hammer, when the trigger returns to its rest position it pushes part 050 in as it passes it, then part 050 flicks back out ready for the next shot.

Why they leave parts out is so you have to go back to Rohm and buy the part, plus it is sold as a match pistol and I think if it was capable of semi auto fire it would be disqualified.

The grips on my Twinmaster are the "combat" type, the black and yellow are "Universal" grips. If you can get a pair of combat grips you can contour them with a dremal tool to fit like a glove, if you look at the photos youcan see that I also have fitted a plate on the botton of the grip to support the side of your hand, you can actually hold the gun without folding your fingers around the grip, which makes it very stable when firing.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quote
cfraser
Member
Member
Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 12
^ Thanks again. I get it now, so it looks like all those mentioned parts would be needed for the mag conversion. One might suspect Rohm even offers a conversion kit, maybe only to dealers??

I though that multi-shot pistols were allowed in most sanctioned matches these days, thus the single shot loaders available with the semis. But I have no real clue, don't shoot matches, just going by what little I've read on this aspect. What you say was most likely the reason when the model was introduced though.

_________________
Location: Pickering, Ont., Canada..."just a stone's throw from civilisation"
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
cfraser wrote:
^ Thanks again. I get it now, so it looks like all those mentioned parts would be needed for the mag conversion. One might suspect Rohm even offers a conversion kit, maybe only to dealers??

I though that multi-shot pistols were allowed in most sanctioned matches these days, thus the single shot loaders available with the semis. But I have no real clue, don't shoot matches, just going by what little I've read on this aspect. What you say was most likely the reason when the model was introduced though.


CF. I have just had another look at the manual for the Sport and it does requires all four parts to be used with a 8 shot mag, part 170 is the mag rotator and the rest are for the double action.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:06 pm Reply with quote
cfraser
Member
Member
Joined: 15 May 2007
Posts: 12
Thanks again. I got the Top so I wouldn't have to be bothered with trying to get the parts. If wanted, the external parts needed to make a Sport, or the internal parts required to be taken out, are a lot easier to do.

_________________
Location: Pickering, Ont., Canada..."just a stone's throw from civilisation"
View user's profile Send private message
Converting a Twinmaster Sport to use 8-shot Mags? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.