Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Air Arms TX200HC "UPDATED" Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Air Arms TX200HC "UPDATED" 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Ordered a TX200HC to day, pick it up on Saturday, its the Hunter Carbine Model with built in bull barrel silencer.
Sorry Broom but I'm afraid the TX won over the HW97, I do need one with a silencer and the TX has one built in plus you can add another on the end, making two in all, evidently they are then super quiet and the length is still the same as a standard TX.

And the good thing is that it is a present from the wife, I must have done something right this year. Laughing

Al

Last edited by Alstone on Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:51 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Al had maybe two airguns before starting to hang around here- now he's got what, 15 or 20? Razz

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
No I've not got that many yet Eric, the problem is that my rifles are kept in gun slips that hang in the wardrobe, so every time I buy a new gun I have to throw out a jacket or a pair of pants. If it get's any worse I will be known as the 'Naked Airgunner' Crazy LOL

I'll tell you one thing, using a springer this winter has saved me a lot of cash that I would have spent on Co2. Smile

Al

Re: Air Arms TX200HC 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:49 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Alstone wrote:
Ordered a TX200HC to day, pick it up on Saturday, its the Hunter Carbine Model with built in bull barrel silencer.
Sorry Broom but I'm afraid the TX won over the HW97, I do need one with a silencer and the TX has one built in plus you can add another on the end, making two in all, evidently they are then super quiet and the length is still the same as a standard TX.

And the good thing is that it is a present from the wife, I must have done something right this year. Laughing

Al

I hate you and I will never talk to you again. Mr. Green Congrats, I guess that next to the 97K that's the best choice anyway. Wink I hope it'll give you a good time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Westonhill
Alstone wrote:
Ordered a TX200HC to day, ...

Al,
What is your reasoning for not choosing the Pro Sport?
Re: Air Arms TX200HC 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Westonhill wrote:
Alstone wrote:
Ordered a TX200HC to day, ...

Al,
What is your reasoning for not choosing the Pro Sport?

Hi Andy
I don't like break barrels and the Pro Sport looks like a break barrel although it is an under lever, plus I like the carbine style, the TX comes with a silencer built in to the bull barrel. and the carbine size makes it handy for ratting around farm buildings.

I like a gun to look right, even if I had the finest airgun in the world and the looks didn't appeal to me I would get shut of it. the Pro Sport is a fine rifle but the Tx is the favored springer over here for FT as against the Pro Sport

Al

Al, Broom is right! 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:52 pm Reply with quote
BBGun Bob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Al.
I have to agree with Broom on this one!! But its not my money or rifle.
I would say and after shooting the TX 200HC and the HW97( the 97 is a better piece of equiptment.)"ONLY MY OPINION" oh yea Brooms too.
Maybe its because your English by birth ,this probably had a lot of influence on your purchase(MADE IN ENGLAND).But it's hard to beat the German craftmanship.NOTICE MY last NAME "SCHLUND" te he he.No not a NAZI either.
All kidding aside I have shot both,maybe a hundred rounds apiece.I like them both but to me the smothness,accuracy and power right out of the box has to go to the 97.( I dream of one in blue .20 cal)
But like I said its your money and gun to each his own.I am very interested in what you think after breakin period as to what you like and don't like about your sweety. I hope yours is a beauty too! No Factory flaws and perfect in every way.

BBGUN BOB

PS! at least you have something made in your own country.Thats hard to say here!!! Everything is from CHINA even my wife. Geez????What was I thinking???Oh yes Free BAM LOL
PPSS I read a review that said the silencer does not work.NO BAFFLES.
tell me about this OK AL ??You are a great fabricator of these.And know how to build them properly.hint hint I want one$$$$

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Westonhill
I have a book written by Steve Hanson called "Airgun Odyssey". In the book, he said:
"The main reason I wasn't exactly enamored with my Pro Sport centered on the cocking arm and the lack of good ergonomics. Because of the way the cocking arm was engineered, my Pro Sport seems harder to cock than its older sibling, the TX200".

I think you have made the fine choice. Anyway, I chose a MKIII instead. It is a great gun, however, I'd wish it can be a bit lighter as it weighs solid 11 pounds.

Alan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:06 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
The 97K isn't exactly a light gun either.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:22 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Hi all
Picked up my TX200HC today (Saturday) and it is beautiful, I'm staying at my son's this weekend so not much chance of trying it out, gave it a few shots in the backyard just to make sure every thing was all right, and it is smooth smooth, but even with the fitted silencer it has quite a thwack, I know someone who has a Air Arms silencer so I will try that next week and if it works OK I'll make one.
While in the dealers I had a play with a HW97, which is about the same weight with a built in silencer, but the finish is not as good as the TX. Also Andy I had a play with a Pro Sport but like you remarked the cocking system is not easy to use and it is made of aluminium, so the gun is lighter. Like you say the TX is a heavy gun I think the HC is a pound lighter than the MKlll, but the weight can't be all bad it does stabilize the recoil to some extent.
Bob lets face it if I'm going to buy one good gun It’s got to be English, (If I was politically correct I would be British, but any one can be British). And we do not have many world beating companies these days, so you have to support what you have. If you look around the forums there are dozens of post from people trying to decide which to buy, TX or HW97, and my original plan was to get an HW then I switched to the TX, but there was a question about the cocking effort required, but this is no different to the B4 so a TX it was.

When I get back home I will give it a good test and do a write up on it

Al

Last edited by Alstone on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:42 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Say Al, I'm expecting some pictures of your magnificent british marvel pretty soon. How long are you going to keep us waiting. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quote
BBGun Bob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They are a beautiful rifle.I am gald you got yourself one.
Can't wait to hear your review.Its always interesting to hear what a person has to say about a specific brand of rifle.

Good Shooting
BBGun Bob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Bhargav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Congrats on the new acquisition Al, $5 fine if you don't post pics Laughing Boozing It

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
When I get back home I'll post some pix, probably Monday, the problem is that Christmas gets in the way Smile

Al

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
You call that a problem? Mr. Green

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles