Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » HDD for qb78d22
HDD for qb78d22 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote
loki22
Hi Guys. I just finished resealing my 4 year old qb78d22 and did a dry fire to see if it worked as it should. It did but I noticed that the hammer seemed to bounce after I shot it you could hear it and there was no co2 in it after the dry test loaded the co2 to check for leaks no pellet and tried it again 2 times and could still notice a hammer bounce that released co2 you could see co2 fly out the Barrel. I never saw this before the reseal from this rifle. So took it out side loaded a pellet and fired the rifle at a target and it sounded a lot louder had a lot more power than before the reseal so I continued shooting at the target and was surprized at the accuracy and distance still very accurate out 100 ft. I heard about hammers bouncing after a shot but I didn't think I had this problem. This four year old is better than new and has a new problem Hammer bounce. When I took the valve apart left out the screen and cotton filter they were a mess and the seal from the valve to barrel distorted so this must have increased the power (I do have my PAL). I checked around the internet and found that there are HDD's to stop hammer bounce, one problem can't seem to find a Canadian supplier for this very tiny little piece of metal that would stop wasting my co2. Any help to find a in HDD Canada would be a great help

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:17 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Look at the HDDs that are out there (most are made by owners themselves)- do one yourself, here are a couple of varieties:

-it would also be worth noting that at least one vendor of these devices has claimed things like "40% more power!" - which is BS, any power increases people may have noted were as a result of taking their rifles apart and finding the same sort of thing you did- crap and bad seals.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
HDD for qb78d22 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles