Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic » graveyard Goto page 1, 2  Next
graveyard 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:35 am Reply with quote
robert w
Where is everybody? no new posts no new replies? where you all havin your funerals? i would attend them roll call people

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:06 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
No idea where people are hiding these days...

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:13 pm Reply with quote
robert w
Was wondering,maybe saving up $$$ for new guns n cant get nuff time to show up here.
I am thinkin of selling off a few rifles i never shoot and buy a 1 new rifle that fits my ability.
Elbows are slowly seeing more arthuritius and 3 are just settin waithing for me to shoot them.love my diana 54 but its becoming hard for me to cock,as well as my d 460 and my d 45

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:53 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
I've been wondering the same! I figure we'll show back up as it warms up outside

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:43 am Reply with quote
Slavia
I'm still here.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Bob La Londe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I still logon from every few days, but I've mostly been hanging out at the AG guild lately.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote
robert w
And look those of us that replied are all veteran members

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:15 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Just not a hugely popular topic, ours, I guess. How can we promote airguns in this day and age? Half the world is scared of their shadow, let alone guns- and another independent half are vegans or something. Maybe we'll see more pellet shooters if Hillary gets elected... if she doesn't outlaw pellet guns

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:29 pm Reply with quote
robert w
toadmyster223 wrote:
Just not a hugely popular topic, ours, I guess. How can we promote airguns in this day and age? Half the world is scared of their shadow, let alone guns- and another independent half are vegans or something. Maybe we'll see more pellet shooters if Hillary gets elected... if she doesn't outlaw

pellet guns

Yes i agree.she gets in we are doomed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:48 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
The fact is that there are a lot more airgun forums now than ever. on top of that some of the really big ones have disappeared, and others have come up to take there place. I have been on this site since it started 9 years ago and have seen it rise to a peak and drop down again, I don’t know about north America but interest is dropping off in the UK and airgun shops are closing down, and you cannot buy on line over here.

Al

PS and like some others on here I’m getting on in years and do not have the inclination to start new projects.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:07 pm Reply with quote
robert w
Alstone wrote:
The fact is that there are a lot more airgun forums now than ever. on top of that some of the really big ones have disappeared, and others have come up to take there place. I have been on this site since it started 9 years ago and have seen it rise to a peak and drop down again, I don’t know about north America but interest is dropping off in the UK and airgun shops are closing down, and you cannot buy on line over here.

Al

PS and like some others on here I’m getting on in years and do not have the inclination to start new projects.

i slowly do new projects .took a year to finish my beeman r1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:21 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
I can't speak to other parts of the world, but in Canada, when the federal "firearms registry" disappeared in 2012, every hardware store, surplus vendor and every other Tom, Dick and Sally seemed to think there was money to be had in the firearms business and picked up some airguns as well.

Problem is, all these vendors were/are primarily selling the same lower-end product and have/had no expertise on airguns- which I don't think helped airguns overall- resulting in less mid-range and higher-end sales of the product as few people had to go looking for knowledge like they once did when airguns were harder to come by- people were "educated" unintentionally due to the lack of airgun vendors and having to use Google to find out anything. By this I mean that people being forced to find a vendor online would also introduce them to other airgun products besides the lower end of Daisy and Crosman offerings, and they would happen upon airgun forums as well.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:41 am Reply with quote
robert w
Plus in usa ammo is less scarce and id say many dug powder burners out and forgot where pellet guns were a big deal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:39 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Quote:
Plus in usa ammo is less scarce and id say many dug powder burners out and forgot where pellet guns were

That's true. Ammunition (especially .22LR) is coming back to the shelves. On the plus side, maybe that means those so-called "toy" guns will start appearing at garage sales (i.e., "boot" sales) and I'll be in hog heaven with cheap project guns. It's a nice fantasy.

Quote:
like some others on here I’m getting on in years and do not have the inclination to start new projects

Believe it or not, it might be possible to have too many guns. Back when this forum started I was averaging a new project every 8 months. Now, by the time I get done agonizing over which gun to take to the range it's pretty much time for a nap.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Going with Eric’s Theme over here there are a lot of fancy goods shop’s selling cheap junk air guns and such, but the quality gun dealers are disappearing bit by bit. I am lucky in having main dealers warehouse just down the road.
Also there doesn’t seem to be the same amount of people doing any airgun smithing or quality mods, I also suffer from Slavia’s problem.

Quote:
by the time I get done agonizing over which gun to take to the range it's pretty much time for a nap.

Al

graveyard 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic