Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic » What is your favorite CCW pistol?
What is your favorite CCW pistol? 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Robw
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am very partial to .40 cal. S&W (10mm.).
I have a Walther PPK slim in this caliber.
I really like the small size (mainly due to the inline magazine).
It has a little more kick than the 9X19 (Parabellum), but has more FPE than
a .357 S&W mag.

I like to squirrel hunt with my airguns but, there are lot of black bear
here and sometimes they do not appreciate my squirrel hunting and fishing
endeavors. I feel pretty safe using this little pistol as my woods CCW.

What is your favorite and why?

Reflect Jesus Christ-Not your surroundings.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Mentolio
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Springfield Armory 1911 Govt. Model in .45ACP. Supposed to be black bear and coyotes where I hunt. Have never seen either, but have seen idiots with shotguns blazing away in random directions. Flying ashtray should handle any of the three, if needs be (hopefully I never have to find out...I gotta find a new place to hunt!).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quote
robert w
I like my f.e.g. pa-63 9x18 makarev light slim and packs some punch.got a 1911 but feels like I'm carrying a brick.the 63 is actually designed by walther and looks a lot like a walther too

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quote
robert w
I like my f.e.g. pa-63 9x18 makarev light slim and packs some punch.got a 1911 but feels like I'm carrying a brick.the 63 is actually designed by walther and looks a lot like a walther too

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store
Glock all the way. 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:37 am Reply with quote
rusticbob
I carry a Block 19. Small, accurate, easy to hide and easy to shoot. The 9mm with the proper ammo, not fmj , is all need. You can carry any gun you want, but if you can't hit anything with it, you might as well carry a stick.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
shawn706
Bersa Thunder .380apc (Walther ppk knockoff) in Fobus holster. Very little imprinting under an untucked t-shirt. When I need to be more discrete, I carry a NAA .22 magnum, 5 shot revolver. Not a gun you aim but loud with decent lethality.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:42 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Guys, check out the new PKO 40 by Heizer Defense. Currently I'm carrying a brick of gun called the Ruger P89 in 9mm, although when I'm out foraging for mushrooms I usually just carry my High Standard Sport King 22LR. I'd like to carry my .480 Super Redhawk, but I haven't bought a Dirty Harry sling yet :P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:08 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
I'm partial to my Redhawk chambered in.41 mag. I only carry in the woods though. In town every shopkeeper has a scattergun under the counter. Lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:36 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
I'm a fan of the .41!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:07 am Reply with quote
Bob La Londe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Depends. Usually if I think there is any risk where I need to go I open carry a 1911A1 with 10 round mags. I try not to go places where I expect problems, but after 23 years in the alarm business and having family still in places where when I was a kid it sometimes took hours to get police to respond I recognize that it isn't always possible to eliminate all risk. For CCW I like any hammerless (no exposed hammer to catch) pocket pistol that will come out of my pocket easily, and fire reliably.

Concealed carry is for when you expect not to have any problems, and conceal so as to not unduly alarm those around you.

The key to any carry is practice. Practice deciding whether or not you plan to use your gun. ALL OF THAT DECISION. Practice safely drawing your gun. Practice hitting your target. DO NOT PRACTICE FOR SPEED. Speed will come on its own when its needed. Just do what you have trained yourself to do, and try not to panic. You will live.

For home defense I prefer a 12ga pump loaded with #7-1/2 bird shot. At short range it will kill a grizzly bear (its been done and written up), but it won't kill your neighbors children with a stray bullet passing thru the walls. If you are the kind of person who fears being breached by people in body armor and tactical gear then nothing I can say would help you anyway. That's not self defense. That's war.

This is an airgun forum, and the big airgun guys all say that an airgun is not suitable for this type of situation.

To bring this back around to airguns however. I used to carry a spring pistol holstered when I went fishing as a kid. It wasn't very powerful, but it would kill a rattle snake at close range. Since I knew a lady who would buy skins, and I thought rattle snake tasted pretty good when chicken fried... Anyway, I carried it in a home made leather holster.

Next door to my parents grocery store was an old hardware store that was being used as a labor camp. One day coming back from fishing on my bicycle a fellow standing outside the labor camp reached down and picked up a rock. As he just started to cock back his arm I drew and aimed for his eye yelling at him to drop the rock. He decided not to throw it. We stood there for a minute trading threats, and he decided finally to drop the rock. He threatened to beat my a$$ if I shot him, and I informed him that if I could hit a ground squirrel on the run he would be permanently blind in one eye atleast before he could reach me. He dropped the rock, and I holstered me poor pitiful BB gun and pedaled on to the grocery store where I promptly told my mom what happened.

Shortly after that I convinced my dad to let me buy and build a .36 Navy kit gun. That's what I carried when I went fishing after that. I carried written permission from my dad in my wallet to carry a handgun (legal in Az). I never had to use it for self defense, but that guy stayed well clear of me after that.

My adult life has been a little adventurous as well, but this is an airgun forum.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:16 am Reply with quote
Bob La Londe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Before anybody criticizes my choice to seriously injure somebody and taking steps to do more for threatening me with a rock I would point out that there have been three instances (that I know of) of border patrol shooting and killing somebody who threw a rock at them or threatening to throw a rock at them. In all cases the agent was not charged with a crime and returned to duty.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:30 pm Reply with quote
grizzlyadams
a solid hit from a good size rock could be potentially life threatening. For defensive hanguns, i prefer calibers beginning with a .4, and a snub 357mag makes a good backup piece
What is your favorite CCW pistol? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic