Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » BAM B-51 - Better Late Than Never Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:52 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
Under an inch at 50 yards, and I have done no accuracy tuning so far.... My problem is a lack of range time.... Certainly adequate for hunting out that far, IMO.... I'm looking forward to seeing what it will do to a Rockchuck (Marmot)....

Bob

Pretty amazing 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Spinalmechanix
That is great! I actually just puchased one of these yesterday and it is on its way. First PCP, I don't think I have the technical skill you do however but it is good to know as I grow I can make this rifle into a significant shooter.
Re: Pretty amazing 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Bob La Londe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Spinalmechanix wrote:
That is great! I actually just puchased one of these yesterday and it is on its way. First PCP, I don't think I have the technical skill you do however but it is good to know as I grow I can make this rifle into a significant shooter.

Where did you find one? Private party? If I could get a couple at the price I paid for mine I'd buy a couple and tune up one for my dad and one for my son.

I got lucky 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Spinalmechanix
Well I'm glad that it wasn't just me who thought they were hard to find apparently! I really just lucked into one by emailing a bunch of guys off of all these forums about advice. I didn't even really ask for a sale, was just gathering information. So again I just lucked out.
Re: I got lucky 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:38 am Reply with quote
Bob La Londe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Spinalmechanix wrote:
Well I'm glad that it wasn't just me who thought they were hard to find apparently! I really just lucked into one by emailing a bunch of guys off of all these forums about advice. I didn't even really ask for a sale, was just gathering information. So again I just lucked out.

Well, it is good luck. If you paid a reasonable price you will find it is an adequate gun. With a little work it is an excellent gun. The B-50 was also my first PCP. I've got two Marauders and a Cricket, but the B-50 is the one kept handy near the back door of my shop for killing gophers who pop up in my back yard.

Stock tune on mine was very powerful and very linear for the caliber. I finally, thanks to this thread and Bob Sterne's information, started tuning and adjusting mine. Keep this thread book marked for the day you decide you need to dial yours in. Also, read a resource call the THE BOOK. It has a lot of information about your gun.

Here is a link. I printed a copy to keep with my paperwork on the gun. https://sites.google.com/site/b50tuning/the-book

If you decide the gun is not for you I want first dibs on buying it.

LOADING TIP: I found on mine if I tilted the gun forward and allowed the pellet to fall into the breach it loaded very straight, but if I just lay the pellet in the tray and push it forward with the pellet probe the drag can cause it to cock or cant slightly and load a little harder into the breech. This difference affects accuracy.

thanks! 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:12 am Reply with quote
Spinalmechanix
Haha I will definitly keep you in mind. And I will make sure to keep in touch with any questions when I get in a tinkering mood lol.
BAM B-51 - Better Late Than Never 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles