Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » BB Guns » Marksman Zombie Splat BB Repeater rifle...
Marksman Zombie Splat BB Repeater rifle... 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Luposian
I just bought this today for $17.99 @ Big 5. Absolutely love it! It has a small issue with auto BB feeding, which I've found a work-around for, but wouldn't mind if someone else has their own advice on this particular gun on this issue.

The manager @ Big 5 said I probably would only need a couple shoe boxes nested together, to stop the BBs... NOT! At 15-20 ft. from the target, it blasts BB's right through a video card box (which also has a cardboard insert to hold the video card), through the tall, open cardboard box backstop behind that, and hits the 1/2" plywood backstop behind that, before stopping and falling to the ground. Yeah... you're gonna need something a little more than two shoe boxes nested together. :-D

I'd love to hear user experiences with this gun... how accurate is it, how does it perform with different BB's... even mods or improvements or maintenance tips, if any. I'm having a ton of fun with this thing and hope others have one to share info with.

I'm using Crosman Copperheads... because they're made in the USA. Good enough reason, right? :-D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:23 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
I don't think you're going to find alot of information on this rifle in airgun forums- it is a "youth" oriented BB-only product that sells for about $35.00 normally.

Based on its power specs, price and the fact it can only shoot BB's- take it for what it is- something to have fun in the backyard with for awhile.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:27 am Reply with quote
Luposian
I just saw a sale on the Crosman 760 ($29.99 @ PyramydAir) and thought it might be a nice "upgrade" from the Marksman, but after watching a video and seeing a few reviews, I get the feeling it's even cheaper (poorly built) than the Marksman.

I like how this gun loads BBs. Very straight forward and simple design. I like the fact you can pump it one for full power. The only thing this gun can't pop a hole through so far (even at point blank range), is a Sobe Lifewater bottle. Must be the type or thickness of plastic. The best I can do is ding/tear the label and scuff the plastic. Tough stuff!

Accuracy seem pretty decent, too. I can tear though and knock over soda cans at over 25 ft. from the target! Love doing that.

My next gun, I want to be a single pump, pellet-capable gun (up to $100). I'm wondering if Daisy is the only one who makes them. My 3rd upgrade gun ($150+) would probably be a break-barrel.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:34 am Reply with quote
Luposian
Just discovered I can probably mount a dovetail scope mount to this gun (according to PyramydAir), too! Anyone done that or know what type would work best? I know the gun is plastic, but the rail IS there. Might as well upgrade this $17.99 BB gun as much as I can and see just how accurately I can hit targets with it. I can always reuse the scope when/if the gun breaks eventually.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:22 am Reply with quote
shawn706
The Daisy 853 probably best matches what you're wanting in everything but price.

I can tell you they are extreamly accurate, and make excelent target guns, but with around 550 fps, I would not recomend them for hunting.

If you can find a used one, even if not working, they are very easy to rebuild and you can get the parts kit from Daisy for under $10.

They also make a co2 version, but I've heard they can be tempermental.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:58 am Reply with quote
Mentolio
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you look on Pyramyd, they're clearing out their Crosman Vantage spring powered break barrels for around 80 bucks. I'm not certain,, but it may even come with a (crap) scope. Pick that guy up, and show that Sobe bottle what's-up!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:24 am Reply with quote
shawn706
They've got the Crossman Fury II on sale too. Got my 10yr old one for Christmass last year. We've put alot of squirles in a pot with it.

Love the 2 stage trigger, and mill dot scope that came with it. One of the best "included" scopes I've used.
Marksman Zombie Splat BB Repeater rifle... 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » BB Guns