 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | Hi from Portsmouth, Va |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:23 pm |
|
|
| hulu |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 11 Jul 2014 |
| Posts: 3 |
| Location: Portsmouth, Va |
|
|
 |
| Hi gang, I am new to air guns and have a few questions about using the Daisy 880S I purchased a couple days ago. It shoots BBs and .177 pellets and is multi-pump. I sighted it in and it works well for pest control. So far, I have only shot BBs in it. My first question is one about ammo if one of you pros will help me out. Thanks. hulu |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:52 pm |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
Welcome aboard!
If you are shooting steel BB's through it, it will steadily become worse with pellets as the rifling wears out because of the BB's. Do you plan to shoot it with BB's or pellets ?(You really should pick one or the other, not use both). |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:20 pm |
|
|
| hulu |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 11 Jul 2014 |
| Posts: 3 |
| Location: Portsmouth, Va |
|
|
 |
Thanks for the welcome and reply. A member here, Tom, and I talked this morning and I learned a lot from him.
I think I will stick with BBs since they have proven to be accurate enough and are quite deadly even at 1/2 max pumps for my use. The 880 is a cheap gun anyway and it is not for targets, in my case. It groups tight at close range (30-50') and even though I have missed a few shots, I have had many good hits. So, with the BBs being easier to use, (it holds 50 of them) I see no need to even try the pellets I bought with the gun. It all works great as is for my use.
Maybe later, I would like to get a barrel-break, noise dampened gun like a Gamo Silent Cat for pellets. The pumping gets old and the 880 is quite loud. But hey, it is a $43 (Walmart) gun. And that is with a scope. Not much of a scope, but, a scope, lol. I don't expect too much. But, it is a starter for me.
I will be hanging around here and reading a bit as I have time to try to learn more about the fascinating world of air guns. Thanks to Tom and others who have helped me with getting started.
Also, been reading about the guns here: http://www.airriflehunter.com/
Forgot to mention, the 880S is rated at 750fps BBs and 715 fps pellets. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:10 pm |
|
|
| Slavia |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 31 Mar 2008 |
| Posts: 4382 |
| Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA |
|
|
 |
If BB's give you the results you want, by all means shoot them. Later on if you invest more in a better gun with a rifled barrel it should be soft lead pellets only.
I have heard of guys doing that. You get your first gun, and then you get interested in one that's more accurate, or more powerful, or cooler looking.
then you get another just for indoors, and another for hunting, and another for target shooting....Not that it would ever happen to you. And of course it has never happened to me. Never. Well, maybe once. O.K., maybe a little more than once. Like a lot. |
|
_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego! |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 pm |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
| Slavia wrote: |
| I have heard of guys doing that. |
Yeah, I might have "heard" of that too.  |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:08 am |
|
|
| hulu |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 11 Jul 2014 |
| Posts: 3 |
| Location: Portsmouth, Va |
|
|
 |
I can well imagine.  |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|