Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » BB Guns » any better quality BB's?
any better quality BB's? 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quote
deadrats
I notice that my C11 will sometimes fire a weaker shot even when the shots are spaced out plenty far enough apart time wise. I wondered about this and i would bet this could well be because of the flat spot on the BB's i'm using, namely crossman. If ht eflat spot happens to spent an inodinate time facing sideways in the barrel on it's way out, no doubt some gas can escape around it instead of pushing the BB. This would explain the randomness of these weaker shots. Might well hamper accuracy too, So does anyone make a better BB that totally round, IE no flats spots or other anomalies?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Try this:
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/Avanti_Precision_Ground_Shot_177_Cal_5_1_Grains_BBs_500ct/398#productDescription

And, the history of the BB, including your flat spots:
http://www.pyramydair.com/site/articles/bb-history/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:11 pm Reply with quote
deadrats
yeah, i saw that and actually there only seem to be 2 BB's i can find that call themselves a superior BB. That and daisy premium. I wonder if the avanti are really enough better to warrent a price thats around 5 times the price tho. ($5.39/500 vs $5/2400

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:56 am Reply with quote
shawn706
Avanti's are a little better but not by much. We switched to ball bearings this year for compitition because we were tossing out more that half the avantis when we gauged them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:12 am Reply with quote
Luposian
shawn706 wrote:
Avanti's are a little better but not by much. We switched to ball bearings this year for compitition because we were tossing out more that half the avantis when we gauged them.

I was thinking about that very thing, trying to research it myself... I'd love to try some .177 (4.5mm?) ball bearings in my Marksman Zombie Splat BB Repeater rifle... just for kicks.

Can someone do a blog or post with pictures of spherical quality (different brands of BB's vs. actual ball bearings) and shooting tests to see if there is a significant difference, performance-wise?
any better quality BB's? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » BB Guns