Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » RX2 .20cal problem
RX2 .20cal problem 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:41 pm Reply with quote
josh3rd
I have a Beeman RX2 in .20cal. Not to long ago I let out a bit too much air. I tapped the valve twice to let out some air and obviously it's speed/power reduced also. I rather it be pressurized to 22bar.

Okay, now here is my issue. I had a optically centered Simmons Pro Mag 6-21x (I believe) on it with a BKL one piece mount. Then I bent the barrel for the POI to hit about within a 1/2" of a target @ 25yds. The way I bent the barrel was with an eye hook and nut. It grouped nice and then it started to change POI from the same POA. I thought it was my hold so I concentrated and the POI was still changing...mostly vertical with just a little movement to the left, about a 1/2". So I changed the mounts to a UTG 2 piece mount. Same thing occurred. I sighted it in @ 25yds and then the next 5-10 shots my POI began moving again as it did with the 1 piece mount.

I got a replacement scope from Bushnell called the Engage 4-12x 40mm with the MOA reticle. Mounted it in the BKL 1 piece mount and then the UTG 2 piece mount onto the RX2 and the same situation happened as it did with the Simmons earlier. So that tells me its not the scope.

So I did the tissue test over the breach lock up area. Fired 3 shots w/o the tissue moving what so ever. I made sure that all screws on mounts and stock were tight. Same issue. Now from my experience w/springers there can only be 2 other things that can/are affecting my rifle. 1 is the piston seal and the 2nd thing could be the RAM. Do you, Mr. Slade, have an idea, opinion or answer to my dilemma? Oh yeah, when I cock it, the barrel stays where I leave it before returning it to battery. I tried to untighten it but man, whoever had it before me must of really cranked it down because I wasn't able to loosen it. And then I sheared off the screw head on the right side. And lastly, do you think it could of been my "tweaking" of the barrel?

1) I checked all screws
2) I concentrated and repeated my hold
3) I tried different scopes
4) I tried different mounts
5) I checked the breach via tissue test
kinda late reply here...but... 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:48 pm Reply with quote
dcw
you might try torquing the mounts and scope rings with a torque wrench.

even torque can solve some problems.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:35 am Reply with quote
josh3rd
dcw wrote:
you might try torquing the mounts and scope rings with a torque wrench.

even torque can solve some problems.

I just sent it out to a professional, lol
RX2 .20cal problem 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics