Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » BB Guns » colt defender bb feed problem
colt defender bb feed problem 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote
shane
Hello i am new to this so please be patient. Recently i was bored and started plinking with my colt defender. Off the bat i noticed that the trigger mechanism was getting sticky. Upon further inspection and dissembly i noticed that the trigger pin was dry of any oil. this prompted me to lube the whole gun with lith-ease lithium grease painted red in the picture (i use this on my shotgun often). upon re- assembly and test firing i noticed that the gun would fire but bb's would not feed from the clip unless i pushed the clip plunger. after messing with this and waiting a boatload of co2 i again dissembled the pistol to dry off the excess lube on the co2 valve and plastic feeder (The thing with a small spring loaded dome where the bb's enter the barrel painted green in the image provided). After re- assembly i loaded it up half way with bb's and fired it and success! upon fully reloading the gun i noticed the gun no longer feeds. After wasting more co2 and bb's i concluded the gun only feeds when half loaded with bb's. Is this because of a bad clip spring or because of the grease? after shooting it more and using some 3 in 1 oil it cleaned up some and now is more reliable but still throws a fit if you fully fill the clip and now the barrel some times sticks in the firing position and doesn't break over unless you bull back the clip plunger back and lit it fly. i am also missing one side screw, could that be the whole problem? am in too deep or if this fixable?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:57 pm Reply with quote
shane
The photo is on this link

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Dg-2605M7aE/U8MqXXSU4wI/AAAAAAAAAag/AlZc6nzginA/w506-h380/Untitled.png
colt defender bb feed problem 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » BB Guns