Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition » AirGunHome Shooting Competition Month 184 Goto page 1, 2  Next
AirGunHome Shooting Competition Month 184 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
THIS IS A Monthly, SHOOT EVERYONE WELLCOME

Target to download and print: Aug 1st > Aug 31 /2013

1)Print to full-size on an A4 or 8.5"x11" sheet of paper.
2) Shooting distance is 5m/16.4ft for pistols.
3) Shooting distance is 10m/32.8ft for rifles.
3a) The rules for shooting 5m or 10 m are that the distance from the target to the firing line should be 10m for rifle and 5m for pistol.
All shots, from whatever shooting position must be made with the competitor wholly behind the firing line but able to touch it.
Basically the shooter should be behind the line but the part of the gun not being held by the shooter can protrude past the line.
4) All targets to be shot standing
5) Any sighting device may be used.
6) NO rests or steadying aids are allowed.
7) 16 shots total, 2 per target maximum. Up to 5 sighting/practice shots not on the clock using the Green
8) 15 minutes total time (take whatever amount of time for each shot you like, but at 15 minutes-stop!).
9) Scoring is 10 for Bull, the 6. 3, 1. Only two hits per target counts. Maximum point count is 160.
10) Entries need to be scanned or photographed and posted. Please list gun, pellet, sighting device and total time expended.
11) You can enter using both a pistol and a rifle as separate entries, only one entry for each, but all rules must be followed.
12) Score your own target. Winner and Runner-Up will be verified by board officials.
13) An honourable contest for sport- to lie or cheat, is the only real loser. Please keep it above-board!
14) Each competition runs from the first day of the month to the last. Your entry must be posted in the forum no later than 23:00 GMT Sunday.
15) These rules are for this months shooting competition and may change for others

Please make sure that the blue border is visible on your entry, plus the green dot is 12mm diameter on A4 paper.

Al

Last edited by Alstone on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:42 pm Reply with quote
ace
Thanks for the Aug challenge Al

pistol
Beeman P-17
Sighting-Red dot
Pellet-Crosman wadcutter premium
Time- 9min 45sec
Score 89

Rifle
XS-B5-10
Sighting-open sight
Pellet-Grizzly 8.6 grs
Time-13min 23sec
score-51

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Gerard
Managed to do it again; had the hardest weights workout of my whole 51 years of life last evening, then this afternoon remembered this monthly challenge. Must be keyed into my brain to connect the two somehow. Oh well, there are a few silly fliers from my rather sore arm jumping after about 5 seconds of fighting to keep the sights on target, but some halfway decent shots mixed in. 93 total.

Woops, editing to put in what I was shooting with.
Pistol - Pardini K12 with default open sights
pellets - JSB SCHaK .177" match pellets
distance - 5 metres to just ahead of my knuckles
time - 7 minutes and 18 seconds

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:58 pm Reply with quote
vitalymezh
Pistol 5 m
Feinwerkbau 80, open sights
RWS Meisterkugeln .177
8 min 38sec
Score 87 / 160

HW-30s
HW-35e
Crosman 70
Slavia 620, 634

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:22 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Some Close scores again this Month. Ace if you used a dark backing card or colour your scores would be clearer, as I think your summited scores are a bit low but I can't tell for sure.

Nice going Gerard, vitalymezh your a bit out of sorts on this one.

Al

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:24 am Reply with quote
Gerard
Thanks Al. I enjoy these monthly challenges. It'd be nice if more shooters would find out and join... I'll have to make mention of it here and there and see if anyone's up for it. I know that's been done before but what the heck, got to keep trying as almost no one seems to run postal matches. In the UK they seem to favour actually mailing in paper targets, signed as witnessed by some third party at a club. Trust issues? I haven't shot a lot of scored 60 shot rounds this year so entering the Target Shooting Canada postal match faded out for me, as my focus has gone to training technique and strength, but this little one-target match is quick to shoot while providing plenty of challenge.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
We definitely have an "advertising" problem. This match has been going on for years now, yet every so often I see somewhere out there starting up some sort of postal match, they get a lot of "yay, finally a postal match" sort of response, and then it dies off quite quickly.

I suspect this is the only continuously running online match out there right now- but yet, where are the shooters?

Anyone wishing to "promote" our monthly match can certainly feel free to do so...

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Gerard
Not quite the only long-running postal match:
http://targetshooting.ca/
Click the TSCPostalMatch link there and you can submit your own score, and check each month's past scores going back some years. I haven't put in a score since February this year but there are usually at least 10 AP shooters and a few in other categories. It's formal 10m shooting, 40 or 60 shot matches. But it's still a trust-based setup and I appreciate that. One result permitted per month, and you're supposed to shoot the match formally in the sense that you say 'now I'm shooting the TSC match' - as in no 'oh man, that was terrible, I'm going to try again tomorrow...' So you shoot the match intending to submit the score, and if you decide not to submit then no entries for you that month.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
I just got a used printer/scanner out of the trash and the scanner part works. I just need to save up enough money for the print cartridges and paper now. Being on a fixed income sucks. But as soon as I do that I plan on competing again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Gerard
Save yourself the money. Put the target file on a USB stick or SD card and take it down to a Kinko's or whatever print/copy place you have nearby. They'll print off copies from your memory device for a lot less money than the cost of printer ink, probably $.25 or something. Worth a try anyway, to save your cash for other necessaries. Like pellets. And food.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Thanks for the idea! I can come up with the 5.99 for the memory stick and .49 each for the targets a lot better than I can come up with the $30+ for paper and cartridges.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Gerard
And if you get them printed on the shortest-fiber paper they have the pellets will leave cleaner holes. Alternately you can put them against cardboard. That's what I've been doing for these targets.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
I do realise the problems some shooters have when shooting competitions regarding the cost, this is why I keep to simple targets that use little black ink and even less colour, plus I keep the shot count down to around 20. This cuts down on pellets also.

Postal competitions accrue extra cost with postage, envelopes and having to go to the post box, also with this being an International forum getting mail form the four corners of the world would take time.

Al

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:44 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Would it be alright if I got my targets printed in black and white bob? That way they are only a quarter. I am on a very tight income to the point where I only have 15 dollars left at the end of the month.My motor oil and pellets and CO2 have to come out of this money.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:53 am Reply with quote
Alstone
oddtodd wrote:
Would it be alright if I got my targets printed in black and white bob? That way they are only a quarter. I am on a very tight income to the point where I only have 15 dollars left at the end of the month.My motor oil and pellets and CO2 have to come out of this money.

No problem at all Todd

Al

AirGunHome Shooting Competition Month 184 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition