Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Crosman Nitro Venom 177 Goto page Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:07 pm Reply with quote
kodiakdan
Its too bad more american companies dont have leadership like this guy.

http://www.weathertech.com/assets/1/7/whatmatterstoyou112SCR.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
I have had a huge problem trying to understand the "North American" mindset in respect to 'offshoring' manufacturing work in industries that are highly automated.

For example- how can it be that, for example, the Chinese, can machine steel parts cheaper than a company in the US or Canada? The machining is done on an automated system- i.e. CNC or moulding, and the only real human labour is setting up the machine(s), loading pieces in/out, and maintaining the equipment- the metal isn't any cheaper, nor is the equipment itself.

Yet, to save what appears to be about 5% overall, every second manufacturer seems willing to dump their domestic manufacturing and run off to China.

Based on my experiences with domestic manufacturers and attempts to get work done (embroidery and machining services) it strikes me that too many domestic companies take an attitude of "this work isn't worth our time unless I can charge premium dollars for it by claiming it is made here". Yes, there is some value to expediency (getting the product in 2 weeks instead of 2 months)- but double or triple the cost?

I don't know who to 'blame' precisely- but it's not just the big-company CEO's- strikes me even small mom&pop type shops seem to think their 2 hours of setup time on the automated equipment should be worth $500.00. The problem of course is that, me, as a customer, can't pay double or triple for the same product- I think the answer is fairly uniform- "management" is too heavy and demands too much money for their "white collar" efforts- whether this be the CEO of a Fortune 500 or a one-man shop.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:01 am Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
On average, the cost of labor only runs about 11% of the total cost of doing business in an industry.
A lot of this shipping jobs out has to do with the fact that they are being goaded into it by the underlying powers that rule us. It is part of the plan to make North America dependent, and help bring on a world government. Has little to do with making a buck.
Business is already suffering because of the lack of money by the working class stiffs to buy things. So it ain't about business, but power.
Just my opinion...and yes, I am crazy, but my facts are correct. Laughing

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles