Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic » A Threat To National Security Goto page 1, 2  Next
A Threat To National Security 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
This is even more serious than petroleum production: Canada is sending us ketchup. I can see right through their nefarious scheme - we're already addicted to the stuff, so all they have to do is take over production. Then one day they contrive a shortage, and BAM! we're ready to cave in to their every demand. Imagine ketchup ration cards. Long lines at McDonald's to fill up with ketchup. Ketchup packets being used as currency.

It could happen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
mod90
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I can totally see that LaughingLaughing Then mustard will be used to replace gold, and soy sauce will replace oil. When that happens, we're all screwed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote
WestTexasFarmBoy
Y'all's posts may be somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but you're really not far off the mark! As we say in farm country: "If you like foreign oil -- you're going to love foreign food!" Wink

"The only stupid question is one that should have been asked but was not even though the answer was unknown to the person who did not ask the question."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah- those Canadians are intent on destroying the US with good products like Ketchup and non-Arab oil, and then the biggest plot of all- a free international bridge (for Michigan) as the state and Detroit are strapped for everything and people want a bridge for cross-border trade. So what does Canada commit to do? Pay for such a bridge and not have Michigan or Detroit liable for ANY of it at any point- those devious Canadian b@stards!

It's a good thing there are billionaire Americans in the ketchup, oil and bridge businesses that have no ulterior motives or financial interests in these activities so they "educate" and "inform" people as to the real motives of Canadians.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quote
robert w
lube your springer with soy sause haha

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Even more insidious - I threw that stuff on a burger, and all of a sudden I had a craving for poutine.

Quote:
Y'all's posts may be somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but you're really not far off the mark! As we say in farm country: "If you like foreign oil -- you're going to love foreign food!"

True. There is a trend towards corporate mega-farms, and a scary proportion is owned by foreign investors (meaning Arab and Asian - once and possibly future adversaries).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote
robert w
yep feren as we call em here are tryin to buy up all the farms so when they are hungry they ship their american ,austrailiangrown grain home leavin us people to starve. its an epidemic of foreign land buyers here and austrailia

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:56 am Reply with quote
WestTexasFarmBoy
[quote="Slavia"]Even more insidious - I threw that stuff on a burger, and all of a sudden I had a craving for poutine.

Holy Carp!! Run Away Someone get that man a Chicken Fried Steak, with Onion Rings on the side!! And a cold Budwiser to drink!!

I'll be prayin' for ya bro...

"The only stupid question is one that should have been asked but was not even though the answer was unknown to the person who did not ask the question."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Quote:
And a cold Budwiser to drink

These days I'm good with one beer - half to cook the bratwurst and half for me. Of course my lifetime average is pretty normal, due to well, er, um, higher "data points" in my youth.

We buy Hamm's beer for two reasons: First, because it's the cheapest, and second because it annoys the kids when we sing the Hamm's song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxBEodMKSDI

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Slavia wrote:
...it annoys the kids when we sing the Hamm's song:

Holy crap Dude- are you going on 90 or something- that advertisement is only about 60 years old at this point !

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:04 am Reply with quote
Slavia
59 - at that point I was more into tomato juice than beer, but I remember the television ads. Except youtube is better - the signal used to cut out when the dinosaurs walked in front of the antenna.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:07 pm Reply with quote
WestTexasFarmBoy
AirGunEric wrote:
Slavia wrote:
...it annoys the kids when we sing the Hamm's song:

Holy crap Dude- are you going on 90 or something- that advertisement is only about 60 years old at this point !

That is absolutely hilarious!! You and I are the same age Slavia -- I'll never forget that song... or the first Hamm's I ever drank Giant Grin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quote
Camron
I think now the crime rate will be increase as the people now using the unfair means to earn more income.But i think the government must increase the qualified security officer to overcome on these issues.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:00 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
No matter where the multinational is located, there's a big chance they won't care much where they're located.

Expand your mind past your own horizon, but grow your own food locally, perhaps as a community or something.

Countries and border are going down the drain eventually. Might as well prepare for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
broommaster2000 wrote:
No matter where the multinational is located, there's a big chance they won't care much where they're located.

Expand your mind past your own horizon, but grow your own food locally, perhaps as a community or something.

Countries and border are going down the drain eventually. Might as well prepare for it.

I volunteer to keep the bunnies and the moles out of the greens sir! My Dad has the best mole killing dog you ever saw. Jumps snout first in the ground and drags em out screaming, then proceeds to eat. Kind of gross but it's like a car wreck. You can't help but watch.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic