Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Air Arms TX200HC "UPDATED" Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
I got home mid day Sunday so took some photos of the TX, I also fitted a scope and fired off about 50 shots, after zeroing the scope it was doing 10mm groups with most pellets doing a 8mm group, this is at 20m, no problem there then apart from the fact that the gun can out shoot me, the output with Bisley Practice 7.2g was 805fps at 10.1flb, which I am not supprised at, because earlier this year I belive that AA reduced the output of some of it's guns, because as they broke in they crept up and over the UK limit of 12flb, so things should only get better.

Not a lot to say as I have only had a quick blast in the garden in freezing fog, one thing about this gun is the fact that the safety goes on automatically every time you cock the gun, consequently I shoot at each target twice once with the safety on and once with it off, the only other things that come to mind at the moment are the noise level when firing it's still to loud even with the internal suppressor fitted, and the weight about 91/2 lb with scope.

Anyway I am still delighted with it, and will post an update when things settle down.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Al

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Bhargav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice pics Al !! Thanks for sharing. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Mar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hmmm, nice looking rifle you got there Al and sounds like a fine shooter also.

I'm heading to the post office this afternoon to pickup what I believe is my new toy. Vibrating Smiley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Bhargav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mar wrote:
Hmmm, nice looking rifle you got there Al and sounds like a fine shooter also.

I'm heading to the post office this afternoon to pickup what I believe is my new toy. Vibrating Smiley

Great .. don't forget to post the pics.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
It's a good looking rifle, but you know that my personal favorite comes from my eastern neighbours. Mr. Green I think we'll be saying that until the end of time. Wink

It's got some nice details though.
Neutral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:40 am Reply with quote
BBGun Bob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Al,
I have the same problem across the pond with weather and being able to shoot.Here in Michigan were having a cold winter blast of artic air.Yesterday it was about 20 degrees F with 20 to 25 mph winds,gusts went to over 50 mph knocking down power lines and large trees.
Its just to cold for man or beast! Or to shoot outside!
Your rifle is a pretty one I am happy for you.
Yesterday I mentioned the HW97 in Blue to the old lady.(her)1st question How much? when I told her the look in her eyes almost killed me.
#2. You didn't buy it yet did you? "no"
"Your lucky I was going to shoot you with the 48 you just bought and put you out of your bb gun misery".
Hum,Looks like it'll be awhile to con her into this one.
MY brain is on overtime thinking how to explain to her why I need this rifle,and make it sound like an investment rather than a toy.
I envy the single men!

BBGun Bob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:15 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
"Single men" ha ha. Bob hasn't learned that what "follows him home" and hides in the closet or gun cabinet may never get noticed by the missus- until of course said closet or gun cabinet starts to become overrun with toys. Wink

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:44 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Hey, part of marriage is giving a bit of your things up, and I don't think you have much to complaint for. Mr. Green There are less fortunate people you know. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Well Bob I don't know what happened this year The wife bought the TX for me, I think it was something to do with spending hours in the workshop, making bits for airguns so they shoot better, I think her reasoning is that if she bought me a top of the range gun I would spend more time indoors, she dosn't realise that if it works shoot it if it dosn't mend it.
Another thing is that the wife can't tell one gun from another, but she can count, so provided there are no more than four rifles in the house no problem. Laughing

As for the US weather we have been watching it on TV, it certainly look rough.

Al

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Been out in the workshop again, made a silencer for the TX, I tried an Air Arms one which worked all right but was nearly 8" long and looked odd on a carbine, so I made one similer to what is fitted to BSA's Ultra's, which is in keeping with the gun, also standard silencers are made to fitt all AA guns but springer's don't need so much silencing so there is not much point fitting one made for a PCP. The total length with the silencer is no more than the standard TX200 without one, anyway I'm happy with it, I can get some shooting done over Christmas Now.

Al

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:05 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Very nice, gives a bit of a PCP-ish look to it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:46 am Reply with quote
Westonhill
Al,
I'd like to see the chronograph result of your HC if you have the chance. My MKIII, when shot with RWS Superdome 14.5gr, shows an average 734.2 fps muzzle velocity with 5.74 fps standard deviation.

Again, beautiful silencer, something we can only dream about :-)

Alan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Bhargav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Westonhill wrote:
Al,
I'd like to see the chronograph result of your HC if you have the chance. My MKIII, when shot with RWS Superdome 14.5gr, shows an average 734.2 fps muzzle velocity with 5.74 fps standard deviation.

Again, beautiful silencer, something we can only dream about :-)

Alan

heheh true.. beautiful silencer, something we can only dream about, didn't meant to repeat your words but.. i agree with you Laughing

Also Al, when you make a silencer for a gun do you have to make any modifications to the muzzle too ? i mean do you have to put threading on it in order to fit the silencer or it just connects from the front ? .. i am new to this.. so .. need some info Idea

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:29 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Westonhill wrote:
Al,

Alan

Hi Alan
I run a few pellets through the TX today and this is what I came up with

Pellet Hobbys 7.1g .177

Shot Fps

1 =838
2 =840
3 =845
4 =843
5 =835
6 =842
7 =832
8 =842
9 =843
10 =838
11 =841
12 =836
13 =831
14 =849
15 =834
16 =839
17 =834
18 =834
19 =836

Average =838

Spread =17

Fpe =11.1

Fpe High =11.36

Fpe Low =10.91

The gun is still running in, I have shot about 500 pellets through it so far and things keep improving, but you must keep in mind that without a FAC we are only allowed 12ft lb so I don't think it will go much higher than 11.4ftlb, which I am more than happy with. I guess yours is screwed up to the maximun for a TX of 17ft lb ?.

Al

Last edited by Alstone on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:53 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Bhargav wrote:
Also Al, when you make a silencer for a gun do you have to make any modifications to the muzzle too ? i mean do you have to put threading on it in order to fit the silencer or it just connects from the front ? .. i am new to this.. so .. need some info Idea

Thanks.

Hi Bhargav
when I make a silencer I try not to alter the barrel, just adapt the silencer to fit, over here most rifles come with a threaded barrel 1/2" UNF male or female, through some make's use odd thread sizes.
If it's got a thread, then I thread the silencer, if it hasn't then I fasten it on with a grub screw or a collet and nut, which is a tube that has a tapered thread on the outside, it is split down on four sides so when you tighten a the nut the fingers between the splits clamp on the barrel, this method is best as it doesn't mark the barrel, where as a grub screw bite's in to the barrel.
I have threaded a few barrels, these I do in the lathe but no matter how much care you take there is always the chance of scratching the blueing.

Al

Air Arms TX200HC "UPDATED" 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles